2007 Honda Fit electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Honda Fit:

2007 Honda Fit Owner Comments

Jul 012016

Fit

My car is suffering from exactly the same headlight switch problem described under recall #10V624000, but my VIN number is not on the list.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Jul 202016

Fit

Recall 13-090 was not fixed properly on 1/18/2014. The plastic cover that covers the master power window switch still is loose and can allow water to get to and short circut the master power window switch. Never fixed properly or replaced but dealership closed it out while doing an oil change. Took back to dealer whose says they will not fix even though it has to do with the same part that created the need for the recall since it was closed out on my profile they will not replace

- Fresno, CA, USA

Jul 172016

Fit

My check engine light came on this Sunday morning when I driving over 60 mph with A/C and radio on my car jerks, I have already had a major transmission repair that cost over $500 and the car continues to misfire I was told the car was fine by the dealer rusty wallis. I have a service history book of everytime I have ever had any type of service my car has ever had since I purchased it. I do everything that the dealer tells me I'm informed I M supposed to do for the care of my car. I get my book stamped with the seal from rusty wallis every time I get service, even just an oil change. My high beams turn on whenever I use the signal lights. I just replaced my battery and now my A/C will not work. I'm taking my car into rusty to have the latest recall the airbags fixed this Saturday. I have spent thousands of dollars on my car and all work on my car has been at the place I bought it rusty wallis. They have always been good with me, but I really think something is wrong with the engines and fuel/ electrical systems in the Fits 2007. I just don't want to keep spending money on a problem that will never be fixed. I'm afraid that my car is going to stop while I'm on the freeway for an issue I have already paid to have fixed. I have had major tune ups, brakes, transmission and gaskets engine stuff done every time I was informed my car needed it, but the issue is not resolved. I would prefer an impartial entity review the situation and give me the findings, because I feel like I'm spending money and the issues still persist. I have paid for most things on my credit card for a track record of the years. My car is only 9 yrs old. Rusty wallis has been good with me, I think the defects are factory made from Honda. I would like to know is this stuff just happening my car or are others having these issues too.

- Mesquite, TX, USA

Feb 012016

Fit

2007 Honda Fit sport, 33,000 miles horn blows on its own. It has happened 3 times commencing Feb 1, 2016. Sometimes it is brief and other times it last a few seconds.

- Bradenton, FL, USA

Mar 102014

Fit

Water is leaking and causing rust in the cavity where the spare tire sits. According to online research, this is common in the 2007-2008 Honda Fit. The water runs down along the inside panels and pools in the spare tire cavity. This has caused the spare tire and jack to become completely corroded and rusted. Water then spills from that cavity to the foot space of the back seat. The carpet becomes water logged. The seats, when folded down, become wet. The supports for the seats are rusted.

- Grand Rapids, MI, USA

Jul 042014

Fit 4-cyl

Power steering failed as leaving work. Starting car has been a recent issue since the starter is having problems but the power steering failing the only solution has to been to restart the car. In this case not possible since I could not get the car to restart.

- North Wales, PA, USA

Mar 212014

Fit 4-cyl

When driving my 2007 Honda Fit the headlights and interior lights flicker between high and low. I've checked the fuse box and the fuses are good.

- Charlotte, NC, USA

Oct 192012

Fit 4-cyl

While going 65mph on the freeway the power steering gave out and the little light icon on the dash turned on. Luckily, because I was going so fast I didn't need to turn the steering wheel much in order to get the car to move off to an exit. When the power steering gives out the wheel is almost impossible to turn. After that it would happen intermittently. Sometimes I would turn on the car and immediately the icon would light up and there would be no power steering. Then I would shut the car off and on again and then it would work again. Then I finally got stuck somewhere and had to be towed to the dealer. They had to replace the power steering computer" it cost $600+5 hours of labor. Now, almost a year later, it happens again. Now they are saying that it is the motor connected to the power steering" anyhow, super dangerous to be able to lose steering capabilities at any time.

- Fremont, CA, USA

Aug 072011

Fit 4-cyl

Power steering suddenly shuts off - the event has happened on several occasions over the past 3 years: Twice while driving - serious safety risk as car becomes extremely difficult to steer without warning; and three times when starting the car - no power steering immediately upon start. During all events, the eps light came on. During all events, shutting the car of then turning it back on remedied the situation, but this is very hazardous while driving.

- Germantown, MD, USA

May 022011

Fit

My Honda was in a 2010 recall for door panel wiring failure. A heat shield was installed. This year the door panel melted a little over a months time. Honda had me bring in my car, said they would take pictures and consult with Honda engineers. Their conclusion: Must have been vandalism by cigarette lighter or something strange as the heat shield was fine and there is no wiring in the door that operates windows, locks or speakers (where the melts are). If I purchase a new door panel for $250 they will do the labor for free. They say there are no other complaints, ever. Not one person who has seen the panel believes it.

- Lodi, CA, USA

Jun 152010

Fit

I have experienced the same issues in a recall (07V-549) for wire harness occupant detection system. This recall applies to "salt states", howver we here in Florida near the gulf of Mexico have the same issue with salt and corrosion. I would like to urge the NHTSA to expand the recall to include all states near salt water. The dealer and Honda motor cars, usa have refused to fix this issue at no cost.

- St. Petersburg, FL, USA

Nov 302010

Fit 4-cyl

GM - 2007 Honda Fit sport A/T with 48,000 miles. First noticed electrical burn smell. Then the next day noticed smoke in addition of electrical & plastic burning smell coming from the opening of the headlight switch. Same night turned on the headlights and could hear a frying noise from the around the headlight switch. Like everybody else who had this problem the next day on my way to the Honda dealer the headlights stopped working (fogs too), only the position/brake lights and high beams were working. First diagnosis was that the electrical system short fried both headlights at the same time then after 3 hours later the Honda technician found a melted wire connector and wire harness attached to the headlight switch. $400 of repairs with parts. Dealer had harness in stock because the harness is the same that was being fixed by the recall for the civic for the same problem.

- Lakeland, FL, USA

Nov 062010

Fit 4-cyl

I have a 2007 Honda Fit. A few days ago, it became dark while driving and I turned on the headlights but the low beams and fog lights would not come on. The high beams did function. I drove home with the high beams on (pissed off a few other drivers who flashed their high beams at me. I tried low beams again without success. I searched the internet and found some Honda Fit forums where others have had the same issue. Several people had investigated the headlight switch and found burning of the metal posts inside the headlight switch plug. I took mine apart and found the same problem. I have, for now, fixed mine with the application of silicone grease to the contacts but don't know how long this fix will last. I'm very concerned that the headlights might go out some time while driving in the dark and cause me to lose control of the vehicle. Given that a number of other people have posted on the internet that they have had the same problem, I think its worth looking at a possible recall. As an electrical plug, its not a wear part; should last much longer than the 63,700 miles I have on my vehicle. Thanks

- Sebastopol, CA, USA

Dec 152008

Fit

Problem has occurred multiple time over the past 2+ years: Situation 1: while driving, without warning, total loss of power steering, steering warning light and other lights on dash light up: Situation goes away by turning off the car and re-starting it. Situation 2: starting the car, car starts, power steering and other lights remain on, no power steering. Situation goes away by turning off car and re-starting. Situation 1 potentially deadly - happened to my wife while driving, very difficult for her to make a necessary turn on winding road.

- Germantown, MD, USA

Sep 192010

Fit

My headlights and fog lights suddenly stopped working in my '07 Honda Fit sport. I had a Honda dealership inspect it, and they determined that the problem was not with the bulbs or with the fuses for these lights. The hi-beams and turning signals still work for the car, but I do not have regular headlights for driving at night which could definitely present a dangerous situation for me and others on the road.

- Kalamazoo, MI, USA

Sep 252010

Fit

Low beam headlights quit working forcing my teenage daughter to drive home with high beams. Cost to diagnose by dealer $106. Now have to pay an estimated additional $315 to repair. Cannot get part aftermarket and dealer has to order. I just read that this may be a common problem and wanted to add my experience.

- Sanger , CA, USA

Jun 152010

Fit 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Honda Fit. While driving at 60 mph, she noticed that the headlights would not illuminate. The dealer stated that the combination switch and the attaching wire harness was overheated and had burned. The dealer replaced the wires at the contact's expense. The failure mileage was 81,551 and the current mileage was 82,500. Updated 09/15/10. The headlamps and tail lamps were inoperative. The dealer stated the wiring harness connector failed. Updated 09/16/10

- Imperial Beach, CA, USA

Jul 112010

Fit

I drove the car for about 40 minutes on the highway, left it in the parking lot of a restaurant while at a bridal shower for about 2 1/4 hours. Because the day was hot I lowered the driver's window to let air in, then drove the car out of the parking lot and immediately onto the highway on-ramp. Once on the highway I raised the window again. Very shortly thereafter I smelled a "hot" or burning smell, noticed thick smoke coming out between the window buttons on the driver's door. I pulled over, turned off the car, got out and called for help. Within a couple of minutes flames were coming from the driver's door. I could see the plastic on the door melting and dripping. Police and fire personnel arrived, extinguished the fire and towed the car. Although I tried to stay away from the smoke I did end up inhaling some of it and experienced mild chest pain and coughing for the rest of the night.

- Dedham, MA, USA

Jan 012009

Fit

2007 Honda Fit sport I bought 2 of these cars at the same time. I have noticed after about 25K miles that on both cars the left side of the car has an electrical short that causes one of the lights in the headlight that blinks when you use the auto clicker to lock and unlock the car to go out until you push the light. Honda looked at one of the cars and said so sorry don't know why it did that but it works now. Now about 4 months later my other car that Honda hasn't looked at is doing the same thing.

- Lewisville, TX, USA

May 042008

Fit 4-cyl

I own a 2007 Honda Fit, sport model- that was involved in an accident. I was driving my car on the highway in stop and go traffic. There was a late model Toyota Tundra pickup truck infront of my car and it came to a sudden stop. I couldn't stop quick enough- I was traveling at low speed must be under 15mph. My car hit the bumper of the pick up truck infront of me and the hood, lights and entire "top" front end sustained about "$7000" worth of damage. But none of the airbags deployed at all. Lots of lights on the gauge cluster came on and went off but the airbags did not deploy. The Tundra only sustained a scratch on the rear bumper. After a tear down by the body shop it was determined that the sensors were installed at the sides at the front end of the frame rail. This is a very low position on this car since its already low to the ground. I believe the airbag sensors are too low on these cars by poor and irresponsible design by Honda. Had these sensors been placed at a higher elevation then the airbags would have gone off and the injuries would have been even minor. This design decision seems like it was developed to satisfy the frontal crash tests conducted by the insurance institute for highway safety. During those tests the cars are evaluated for crashes to a solid object anchored to the ground. The airbags would not deploy in a crash scenario with any vehicle that would not be a compact car. I was lucky because there was no loss of life but the same accident at a higher speed would have resulted in no airbag deployment and certain loss of life. The car is currently being repaired at a body shop in lorton va. I extend you the opportunity to come and study the car if you care to do so... thanks so much shazad buksh

- Fredericksburg, VA, USA