2.5

2007 Honda Fit lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Honda Fit:

2007 Honda Fit Owner Comments (Page 2 of 3)

Nov 302010

Fit 4-cyl

GM - 2007 Honda Fit sport A/T with 48,000 miles. First noticed electrical burn smell. Then the next day noticed smoke in addition of electrical & plastic burning smell coming from the opening of the headlight switch. Same night turned on the headlights and could hear a frying noise from the around the headlight switch. Like everybody else who had this problem the next day on my way to the Honda dealer the headlights stopped working (fogs too), only the position/brake lights and high beams were working. First diagnosis was that the electrical system short fried both headlights at the same time then after 3 hours later the Honda technician found a melted wire connector and wire harness attached to the headlight switch. $400 of repairs with parts. Dealer had harness in stock because the harness is the same that was being fixed by the recall for the civic for the same problem.

- Lakeland, FL, USA

Nov 232010

Fit

The contact owns a 2007 Honda Fit. The contact noticed that the low beams failed when he turned the headlight on and only the high beams worked. The vehicle had not been inspected or repaired. The VIN was unavailable. The current and failure mileages were approximately 80,000.

- Kittrell, NC, USA

Nov 222010

Fit 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Honda Fit. The contact stated that the low beam headlights stopped working and only the high beams were working. The dealer stated that the wiring harness and the headlight switch needed to be replaced. The contact had not spoken with manufacturer at the time of the complaint. The failure mileage and current mileages were 65000. Updated 1/25/11 updated 04/18/11

- Dallas, TX, USA

Nov 202010

Fit

Was driving my Honda Fit 2007 last night when my low beams suddenly went out. I had only my high beams and had to drive home with people flashing their high beams at me. I went to the auto parts store to get new fuses to see if this would help the problem and I replaced them but the fuses were fine. Went onto the computer to research this problem and found numerous incidents where this has happened to 2007 Honda Fits. This is a very dangerous and expensive situation if I have to pay upwards of $300 to repair?

- Woodstock, CT, USA

Nov 062010

Fit 4-cyl

I have a 2007 Honda Fit. A few days ago, it became dark while driving and I turned on the headlights but the low beams and fog lights would not come on. The high beams did function. I drove home with the high beams on (pissed off a few other drivers who flashed their high beams at me. I tried low beams again without success. I searched the internet and found some Honda Fit forums where others have had the same issue. Several people had investigated the headlight switch and found burning of the metal posts inside the headlight switch plug. I took mine apart and found the same problem. I have, for now, fixed mine with the application of silicone grease to the contacts but don't know how long this fix will last. I'm very concerned that the headlights might go out some time while driving in the dark and cause me to lose control of the vehicle. Given that a number of other people have posted on the internet that they have had the same problem, I think its worth looking at a possible recall. As an electrical plug, its not a wear part; should last much longer than the 63,700 miles I have on my vehicle. Thanks

- Sebastopol, CA, USA

Nov 042010

Fit 4-cyl

Low beam headlights and foglights stopped working at the same time. High beam headlights still work. Replacing bulbs did not help. All fuses are fine. Dealer tells me to replace headlight switch and possibly wiring. Vehicle only has 59,000 miles.

- Jewell, IA, USA

Nov 012010

Fit

Low beams on my Honda Fit suddenly stopped working, only high beams work.

- Allston , MA, USA

Nov 052010

Fit

TL-the driver owns a 2007 Honda Fit. The driver was driving at an unknown speed when the headlights shut off. The high beams were operable but the low beams would not turn back on. The vehicle was not taken to have the failure diagnosed and was not repaired. The failure and current mileages were 80,000. The VIN unavailable. Sm.

- Westlake Village, CA, USA

Sep 192010

Fit

My headlights and fog lights suddenly stopped working in my '07 Honda Fit sport. I had a Honda dealership inspect it, and they determined that the problem was not with the bulbs or with the fuses for these lights. The hi-beams and turning signals still work for the car, but I do not have regular headlights for driving at night which could definitely present a dangerous situation for me and others on the road.

- Kalamazoo, MI, USA

Oct 312010

Fit 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Honda Fit. The contact stated that low beam headlights malfunctioned and affected visibility. The contact changed the bulbs but the problem continued. The vehicle had not been inspected or repaired. The failure mileage was approximately 54,600. Updated 02/03/11 the consumer stated the vehicle was repaired. A wire had overheated. Updated 02/04/11

- Neenah, WI, USA

Oct 282010

Fit 4-cyl

2007 Honda Fit external low beam headlights suddenly stopped working. This could have led to an accident and is extremely unsafe. After researching seems the culprit is a melted wiring harness. Dealer claims there is no current recall for this issue. Updated 11/03/10 updated IVOQ 11/04/10

- Vista, CA, USA

Oct 212010

Fit

Driving home in the evening, the low beam headlights on my 2007 Honda Fit sport suddenly failed for no apparent reason giving me no forward vision on a very dark highway while traveling at 60 mph. In order to get my car home I found I had high beams only therefore no choice but to use them to get home which was blinding oncoming traffic as they continuously flashed me. I had researched the problem online and found that this was a very common issue on my model and year and that an investigation was put in motion. I brought this information in the form of printouts to my local Honda dealer when I brought my car to be repaired. My Honda dealer charged me an $80 "diagnostic fee" to troubleshoot the problem and told me that the wiring in a harness to the low beam switch had failed due to "corrosion and melting wire from overheating" they responded that it would be necessary to rewire the harness connector and replace the switch to fix the problem, an almost $300 dollar repair. When I confronted them about the obvious problem or design flaw in the vehicle they responded that there was nothing they could do about it and required the full price of the work. At the time of bringing the vehicle to the dealer, a Thursday, their "wiring tech was not available and parts were not available that day and to bring the car back on the following Tuesday forcing me to drive at night with the potentially dangerous practice of using my high beams only as I have no other car and my job requires me to drive home at night often.

- Orlando, FL, USA

Oct 202010

Fit

The contact owns a 2007 Honda Fit. The contact stated while driving 35 mph, the headlights turned off suddenly and she had to use the highbeams to see. The vehicle had not been inspected or repaired. The manufacturer had not been notified. The failure mileage was approximately 51,000.

- Houston, TX, USA

Oct 102010

Fit

The contact owns a 2007 Honda Fit. The contact stated that the headlights on the vehicle shut off. The contact took the vehicle to the dealer and was told that the wires on the wiring harness were melting. The manufacturer told the contact that the mileage was outside of the warranty and would not cover the wiring harness. The VIN was not available. The failure and current mileages were 80000.

- Whitehall, PA, USA

Oct 102010

Fit

This is exactly what happened to my 2007 Honda sport Fit..while driving at night the headlights aim too low causing limited visibility. While driving the lights seem to move up and down..its crazy..I read another complaints from 08/03/06 which stated the exact same thing. I will have to bring it in but a previous complaint stated they lifted the beam but it still did it.

- Norwalk, CT, USA

Oct 102007

- Norwalk, CT, USA

Jun 052010

Fit

The low beams and fog lights suddenly went. I pulled up to a gas station and turned off the car. When I went started the engine and turned went to turn the lights back on nothing happened. They haven't worked since. The high-beams are unaffected. Bulbs and fuses were tested but both were fine.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Jan 102010

Fit

Low-beam headlights stopped working, high beam headlights still work. Bulbs and fuses replaced with no effect.

- Stow, OH, USA

Oct 032010

Fit

The low beam lights stopped working all of a sudden while driving at night. If my son hadn't figured out to flip on the high beams, he would have gotten in an accident. It looks like the wiring harness to the switch is bad. All of the fuses are fine.

- Lehighton, PA, USA

Sep 252010

Fit

Low beam headlights quit working forcing my teenage daughter to drive home with high beams. Cost to diagnose by dealer $106. Now have to pay an estimated additional $315 to repair. Cannot get part aftermarket and dealer has to order. I just read that this may be a common problem and wanted to add my experience.

- Sanger , CA, USA