2.5

2007 Honda Fit lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Honda Fit:

2007 Honda Fit Owner Comments (Page 1 of 3)

Aug 082016

Fit

Low and high beam headlights intermittently stopped working while driving on the highway at night. The headlights would turn off but the blue high beam symbol on the dashboard would light up at the time of failure, even though we had not switched to the high beams. At one point the high beam symbol faded so it looked like it was halfway on, then went off completely and the headlights worked again. About 20 minutes later, the high beam symbol lit up again and the headlights stopped working for the remainder of our drive. This was after driving on the highway for about two hours. Fog lights, running lights, brake lights, and tail lights still worked throughout this issue.

- Watertown, MA, USA

Aug 052016

Fit

When I am driving with my high beams on and turn them to low beam they go out and it takes different lengths of times for them to come back on. I had the same issue 2 years ago and the dealership said they fixed it. It worked fine until the other night driving home on a country road which was extremely scary. I took it back and they said they checked it but it wasn't from the recall. I know nothing about cars but I'm having a hard time understanding why the same exact problem is from something else.

- Jackson, CA, USA

Jul 012016

Fit

My car is suffering from exactly the same headlight switch problem described under recall #10V624000, but my VIN number is not on the list.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Jan 292015

Fit

The contact owns a 2007 Honda Fit. While driving approximately 65 mph, the headlights failed to illuminate. The failure recurred several times. The vehicle was taken to a dealer, but was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 123,125.

- Converse, TX, USA

Mar 312011

Fit 4-cyl

2007 Honda Fit. Consumer writes in regards to vehicle headlights repair issues. The consumer stated she recently learned the recall was not performed properly. The provided photos that showed a damaged wire and a burnt receiver that the wire was plugged into and it was also missing a part that was never put in.

- Long Beach, CA, USA

Jun 152015

Fit

The contact owns a 2007 Honda Fit. The contact stated that while driving at 45 mph, the high beam head lamps failed to function. The failure recurred on numerous occasions. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 55,000.

- Anthem, AZ, USA

Jul 072015

Fit

The low-beam lights on my Honda Fit 2007 are not working properly. At times they will work but more often then not, the lights will not work. The high-beam lights always work but the low-beams do not. I looked online for a recall using my VIN but there was nothing for this problem. After doing research online I realized that many 2007 Honda Fits have been recalled for this exact problem but for some reason my car was not. It apparently has to do with the wiring/connector for the headlight. If this is a problem that 143,083 Honda Fits in the us were recalled, why was my car not? here is a link to an article about the recall money.cnn.com/2010/12/16/autos/honda_recall/ thank you

- Rancho Cucamonga, CA, USA

May 152015

Fit

The contact owns a 2007 Honda Fit. When the vehicle was restarted, the low beam headlights were inoperable. The failure occurred intermittently. The contact also stated that when the front passenger side seat was occupied by a passenger who weighed approximately 130 lbs, the air bag light illuminated. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The VIN was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 10V624000 (exterior lighting). The failure mileage was 126,000.

- Cary, NC, USA

Aug 142014

Fit

Driving to work early morning I had the headlights on and all the sudden it was dark, people were flashing their lights at me. I had to pull over. The high beams would come on but the low beam and fog lights wouldn't. they finally turned on after a while. They have turned off by their self a few times now. There needs to be a recall. I did the recall that was a couple years ago about headlights but I don't think that was the fix for it if its happening to others too.

- Dayton, OH, USA

Mar 212014

Fit 4-cyl

When driving my 2007 Honda Fit the headlights and interior lights flicker between high and low. I've checked the fuse box and the fuses are good.

- Charlotte, NC, USA

Feb 102014

Fit 4-cyl

Both low beam headlights quit at the same time. Fog lights and high beams still worked. Car has been to dealer since the headlight recall for other issues (door switch recall), but not sure if the dealer performed the headlight recall.

- Wallingford, CT, USA

Feb 062013

Fit 4-cyl

There are three separate but recurring incidents. First the tail lights and part of the interior lights blew out. The dealer said I was probably hit by lightening and replaced the tail light bulbs and a fuse. Next the headlights went out while I was driving and I was plunged into total darkness. The dealer said it was a switch. Two weeks after replacing the switch the taillights have blown out again. The interior lights go out at the same time. This is a frightening and dangerous situation and I will go to the dealer again today but do not think the techs there know what to do.

- Merritt Island, FL, USA

Mar 112013

Fit 4-cyl

I was driving alone on rte. 528 approx 11:30pm, and had been driving at 70mph for 30 minutes, when a tow truck appeared on the side of an unlit hwy. I turned on my left turn signal to change lanes and stay away from the tow truck which was located on the shoulder. As I changed lanes, I noticed that for a second or two my headlights went completely out and then turned back on. I continued on my way but approximately ten minutes later my headlights went out again and this time they stayed out. I was immediately thrust into total darkness. I could not see anything. I did not know if I was on the road or not. As I slowed down and braked, I could not even see where the road was or where the shoulder was to pull off on. Total blackness with zero visibility. I thought I might be killed right there as I could see nothing and there were no street lights. Near panic, I jiggled the turn signal lever and the headlights snapped back on. I proceeded home, a five minute more drive, with no further incident. I recall that approx. Five months ago my tail lights went out and a fuse was replaced at the dealership. The repair person suggested that I may have been hit by lightening. This time, I went to the dealership and the service person was able to reproduce the headlight failure through testing. A new switch was ordered but it appears that the switch may have also caused the tail lights to go out rather than lightening. The dealer says that no other cases such as mine have been documented, as yet. I reported the issue to Honda and a case number was recorded. I am documenting this incident because I truly believe that, if it is a faulty headlight switch, then others should be notified as I easily could have been killed as I was immediately plunged into total darkness on a completely deserted pitch black road.

- Merritt Island , FL, USA

Jul 122012

Fit

Definitely there is a problem with the low beam and fog lights in this car. Just entered to internet to find if someone like me, without additional incidents, suddenly my low beam and fog lights stopped working, and found numerous cases with the same problem.

- Winter Garden, FL, USA

Jan 192011

Fit

The contact owns a 2007 Honda Fit. The contact stated that the front passenger side low beam headlight malfunctioned. The bulb had been replaced numerous times and the failure recurred. The contact received a recall notice for the recall associated with NHTSA campaign id number: 10V624000 (exterior lighting:headlights:high/low beam dimmer switch ) and the vehicle was repaired. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired for the current lowbeam failure. The failure mileage was 80,000 and the current mileage was 92,000.

- Sheffield , MA, USA

Mar 152012

Fit 4-cyl

Up to now, this car never exhibited a problem with low beam failure. The car was brought to the dealer for the recall correction for high/low beam switch when the recall was announced. On Thursday night, March 15, 2012 low beams failed to come on after repeated attempts. Used high beams to drive home. Brought vehicle in to dealer Friday morning. They could not replicate the failure, checked systems, found nothing malfunctioning. While driving Saturday night, low beams initially worked during steady use for an hour. After entering a dark road, I switched to high beams, and when I went to switch back to low beams for oncoming car, they failed. Used high beams to drive last 8 miles home. Using high beams is not as hazardous as no lights, but I was blinding oncoming vehicles, and they in turn would switch to high beams and blind me.

- Lloyd Harbor, NY, USA

Sep 272011

Fit 4-cyl

The both of the low beam headlight and the fog light failed to light up without warning at night around 8:30pm. There was a recall related to this issue recently and I had already brought the car in to dealer to have them perform the recall remedy prior to this incident. So I brought the car back into the dealer and was told the headlight switch was shorted out and needed to be replaced. The dealer told it was not recall related and I had to pay out of pocket to fix the issue. Having headlight failure suddenly at night is a very serious safety issue that needs to be taken seriously. I feel that the recall procedure performed did not rectify this serious safety issue. Information redacted pursuant to the Freedom Of Information Act (FOIA), 5 U.S.C. 552(B)(6)

- Brooklyn, NY, USA

Mar 172011

Fit

The contact owns a 2007 Honda Fit. The contact was driving 25 mph when he noticed that the high beams would flicker on and off independently. The contact stated he received a recall noticed the very same day the failure occurred (NHTSA campaign id number: 10V624000, -exterior lighting:headlights:high/low beam dimmer) and the vehicle was taken to the dealer for repairs. After the recall repairs was performed, the contact stated that when he engaged the accelerator, the high beam lights would illuminate and the low beams would shut off. The vehicle was taken back to the dealer and they advised him that they would need to perform a diagnostic at a cost of $98. He then called the manufacturer but they provided no assistance. The vehicle was not further repaired. The contact stated he can only drive the vehicle during the day because of the failure. The failure mileage was 41,800 and the current approximate mileage was 42,600.

- East Orange, NJ, USA

Dec 252010

Fit

The contact owns a 2007 Honda Fit. While the vehicle was parked the contact noticed that both the driver and passengers side low beam headlights and fog lights would not come on. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where the technician stated that there was a recall(NHTSA campaign id number: 10V624000, exterior lighting:headlights:high/low beam dimmer switch) but the VIN was not included. The contact decided not to have the failure diagnosed. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 55,000.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Nov 302010

Fit 4-cyl

I was driving home one night when my lowbeams went out. I pulled over and tried many things with no luck. My high beams still worked so I drove home using those. I checked the fuses and the bulbs, all were fine. When I took it to Honda they found the headlight switch was messed up. They are replacing the headlight switch.

- Bronx, NY, USA