2007 Honda Fit miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Honda Fit:

2007 Honda Fit Owner Comments

Mar 072016

After rainfall, water is collecting (and not draining) in the backseat floor area (under the carpet) and also in the rear hatch, where the spare tire is located. The rubber seals on the back doors are in good condition - and there are no visible signs of water spotting on the inside of the back doors or the rear hatch area - so it's difficult to tell where the water is coming in from. I pulled the carpet up in the back seat area and have towels down to absorb the water. I also have the back seats up and have towels below them the continue to get soaked after it rains. The towels on the passenger side of the car seem to collect more water than the driver-side towels. I've read numerous reports of similar issues with 2007 and 2008 Honda Fits but no recall has been issued. It's a health hazard to have water and dampness inside a vehicle, where mold collects/grows. I have not taken my car to the dealer yet as most reports of people who have say they have taken their cars in numerous times with no remedy. I'm going to try to investigate where the water is coming in on my own, but from the stories I've read online this seems to be a real issue with 2007 & 2008 Fits.

- Clarendon Hills, IL, USA

Oct 252015

This car stalls if driven in cold weather when engine is still cold. When shifted into neutral (manual transmission), say, approaching a traffic light, the engine shuts off, generally when car is still in motion. This has happened at speeds ranging near stopped to 45 mph. It has been happening for about a year, mostly in colder weather. Stalling does not create an error in the computer log, so it looks like it's not happening when taken in for repair.

- Monmouth Junction, NJ, USA

Feb 202011

While driving 2011 Honda Fit in the highway a small pebble hit lower driver side of front windshield causing the windshield to crack (crack is about 20 inches long). Windshield may be too thin or defective, because under regular circumstances the windshield wouldn't crack (small pebbles usually chip the windshield), I did an internet search to find out if there were any public concerns about this issue for this particular make and model (Honda Fit) and I found out that many people are having the same problem. This type of issue could potentially be a safety hazard while driving, particularly if the object hitting the windshield is bigger than a pebble; causing the windshield to crack, therefore reducing visibility to the driver.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Jan 182011

In December after a heavy rain, the drive side door lock became inoperable - the key could not be inserted. I took it to my Honda dealer who charged me $220 to re-key the lock. On January 18, 2011 we had another heavy rain and the same thing occurred. I will be taking it back to the Honda dealer to have it repaired. I will demand that this repair be free of charge. I am concerned that there is a design flaw in the locks that lets water into the lock and ruins it during a heavy rain.

- Florham Park, NJ, USA