2008 Honda Fit accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Honda Fit:

2008 Honda Fit Owner Comments

Aug 012008

Fit

To whom it may concern: I tried talking to Honda where I got the car... and they refuse to pay for any damages to my car caused by their faulty jack. What happened: I had a flat tire. I went to fix it using the jack included with the car/spare tire. I used the specified lift points (even checked my owners manual 3 times). I've taken automotive engineering classes at college and even a car care class in high school- as I'm no stranger to working on cars. The jack bent sideways and completely collapsed- while I was in the process of taking off the tire. Luckily I only got the tire part of the way off- and the caliper landed on the inside of the rim (of my flat tire) and not my foot. I ended up bruised and was thankful that my foot wasn't injured. However, I was frustrated that a jack that is specifically made by Honda for my car was not safe to use and that Honda will not take responsibility for their faulty and unsafe work. In talking with Honda- they said that I must have lifted it wrong or not on the right type of surface. I talked with doug rowley (sales manager at schlossmann's Honda city) and he told me Honda is unwilling to fix my car nor replace the damaged rim (let alone even consider that their jack is faulty and this may happen to someone else). His contact info: (414) 328 3500; fax: (414) 328 3532; email: 3dougr@schlossmannauto.com my car is a 2008 Honda Fit. Overall I'm happy with the car- just not the faulty and dangerous (even life threatening) created by their inferior jack. I know that my car is widely popular- especially in southeastern Wisconsin- I just don't want this happening to anyone else. Please help sincerely, amanda hoff

- Big Bend, WI, USA