3.0

2009 Honda Fit drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Honda Fit:

2009 Honda Fit Owner Comments

Jul 132009

Fit 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2009 Honda Fit. The contact stated that while driving 65 mph, the vehicle suddenly decelerated to 20 mph. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was repaired. The failure recurred. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 24,000. Updated 09/05/14

- Hatfield, WI, USA

Jun 102014

Fit 4-cyl

Last winter I went germain Honda of dublin and they said they couldn't find any thing. They said when the check engine light comes on T 8 B try ing it in and they said they will scan the light. When my checkengine light come on by the time I get to the dealers its not on. I had the battery replace back in January 2014. My car will be 5 years in August. Will this part throttle actuator control motor be cover under warranty? here is the code I got from advance auto P2101 which is throttle actuator control motor.

- Hilliard, OH, USA

May 192014

Fit

When the car is stopped at say a light stop sign or just pulling out of a parking spot. If I barely accelerate just enough to get like 1500 RPM's and shift into second gear and same into 3rd it seems like the car doesn't have enough power to hold that gear on the change, resulting in a almost grinding noise" kind of like static almost only for a few seconds. Its been happening sense I bought the vehicle used at around 86K miles at about the same rate every time no real change. Though I have noted it occurs like 3 seconds long instead of the brief 1 second immediately following an oil change but just once then back to the usually. I have read a lot of people complaining about this on forums throughout the internet, and somewhat surprised it is not on here. An example of the noise is on this link www.youtube.com/watch"V=jhxcwxtqcak I really don't something bad to come of the car from this noise for I love this car it is really fun to drive and likes to get up and go when it needs to especially for a 1.5L regularly aspirated engine.

- Charlestown, IN, USA