2009 Honda Fit miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Honda Fit:

2009 Honda Fit Owner Comments

Dec 032015

Multiple door lock actuators have failed--numerous times. The door locks either don't work to unlock or to lock or they make a whirring noise, after which they may open. At 78,119 miles on the car, I replaced both the left rear door lock actuator and the rear hatch lock actuator. At 120,000, the right front door, the left rear (again), and the rear hatch lock (again) have all failed! shop wants $359 each! to repair. Honda customer care provided no assistance other than to say no recalls have been issued.

- Sanford, FL, USA

Jul 072015

(please know my phone # below is not correct, as your system will not accept an international #, and I am an american in germany). My 2009 Honda Fit was a sport version. I do not know what the "affected parts" were. What I do know, is I was driving to work; was going to take a left at a 't' intersection (as I had done hundreds of times before); but my car failed to accelerate out of the way of oncoming traffic. I hadn't been rushed, as I'd left a bit earlier than usual; and traffic was coming in both directions, but was far enough away yet, that I didn't rush my crossing. I had just barely rolled out into the closer lane, with the accelerator peddle pressed maybe half way down, but the car didn't keep going. I saw a minivan approaching, and pressed the accelerator pedal all the way to the floor, but the car didn't respond. I then saw the impact of the van into my door. I do not know if the accelerator pedal messed up, or if it was electrical, or the engine, or what. But, the problem is obviously a huge safety issue. The car is totaled; myself, the van driver and one of her passengers were injured.

- Apo, AE, USA

Mar 232012

Fit 4-cyl

On the evening of March 23, 2012, at approximately 6:30 pm, I was driving my Fit on the pa. Turnpike. I suddenly heard a thud from under the engine, which sounded as though a stone had ricocheted off the road surface onto the underside of the chassis. I immediately noticed voluminous grey smoke issuing from the tailpipe. As I was less than one quarter mile from an exit, I took it and quickly pulled over, shut off the ignition, and jumped out. I noticed a large, growing puddle of oil directly beneath the engine. Prior to my shutting off the ignition, I at no time saw the low oil pressure indicator light up on the instrument panel. As it turns out, the oil plug had inexplicably blown out. Since I purchased my Honda Fit, it has been maintained impeccably, as recommended by the maintenance minder and the manufacturer.

- Philadelphia, PA, USA

Apr 162014

When accelerating through a right-hand turn onto a highway on-ramp, all power and power steering in the car turned off, only to turn back on about a second later of it's own Accord when I was nearly off the road.

- Lancaster, PA, USA