2009 Honda Fit seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Honda Fit:

2009 Honda Fit Owner Comments (Page 3 of 4)

Feb 122016

Fit

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Honda Fit. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags). The part to do the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Kirkland, WA, USA

Mar 042016

Fit

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Honda Fit. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 16V340000 (air bags) and 16V061000 (air bags). The part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacture was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Petaluma, CA, USA

May 012016

Fit

Takata recall when I receive the recall notice four months ago I went to herb chambers Honda in burlington, MA. They refused to provide me with a substitute vehicle because I have a teenage driver. They told me to call american Honda about it - I did, I opened a case, and have never heard anything. I have been calling herb chambers every few weeks but all they would tell me is that they don't have the parts to fix the car. I tried calling Honda gallery in reading. They told me they have to order the parts specifically for the vehicle (herb chambers never told me this) and that it will take another six weeks if they mark it 'urgent'. nicole in service said she can't tell me that my car is safe to drive. She did not know if they will give me a rental or not, same reason, I have an 18 year old driver. I feel that Honda was perfectly happy to sell me a defective car but is doing nothing to either fix it or provide safe transportation.

- Lexington, MA, USA

Mar 312016

Fit

Takata recall and passenger airbag inflator recall: I originally contacted scott robinson Honda in torrance, ca in March 2016 regarding the recall. I was told to wait until June 2016 to contact them to address the recall because they were out of parts. I called them in early July and left two phone messages. I also went to their website and web-chatted with a representative and they said they would get back to me within a day or two. It has been weeks and I haven't heard back from any of my messages. They are ignoring my messages. Even if there is a delay in scheduling an appointment they could at least let me know. They continue to disregard me every time I contact them. I am extremely disappointed with the service from scott robinson Honda and I'm concerned about my safety.

- Redondo Beach, CA, USA

Mar 012016

Fit

Takata recall received a letter in March about the driver's air bag being recalled and called my Honda dealer to get on list for fix. 4 months later and have not had a response. About two months in I called and they stated they could do nothing and I would receive a letter when part was in. Nothing yet. Today received another letter from Honda stating the passenger airbag also defective! when and how can I get these problems fixed in a more timely manner.

- Peachtree Corners, GA, USA

Mar 102016

Fit

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Honda Fit. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 16V346000 (air bags) and 16V061000 (air bags) and stated that the part was not available within a reasonable time frame to schedule the recall repair. The dealer did not give a specific date for when the part would become available. The manufacturer could not provide an estimated date for when the contact's vehicle would receive the recall repair. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Myrtle Beach, NC, USA

Mar 072016

Fit

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Honda Fit. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags); however, the remedy was not yet available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect. The VIN was unavailable.

- Brownsville, TX, USA

Jul 262016

Fit

Takata recall. Received notice yesterday (25july 16) of passenger side recall. I notified local Honda (hendricks Honda of charleston) of the fact that I had a planned trip to mi from SC this Friday and would need the air bag replaced by Thursday that me of day. I was told that this schedule could likely not be met and that they could not provide a loaner. I called the Honda automobile customer service # and was told the same thing; to hey agreed to escalate my concern but could not give me an expected time of a reply. I do not have the option of another vehicle and feel that my choices are between an unsafe condition and a rental at personal expense; I believe this to be unfair.

- John's Island, SC, USA

Jul 262016

Fit

Takata recall--hendrick Honda of charleston, SC has had my airbags on order for over 2 months and cannot give me any idea as to when they will be repairing my car. Additionally, they have told me that, while they can give me a loaner/rental until my driver side airbag is repaired, they will not allow me to use the loaner/rental until my passenger side airbag gets replaced. So basically, they care if I die, but not my husband, child, or friend who happens to be riding in the passenger seat! this is totally unacceptable. If they are not able to repair these cars, they should have to buy them back from us like Volkswagen is doing for their customers.

- Charleston, SC, USA

May 242016

Fit

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Honda Fit. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Navarre, FL, USA

Mar 122016

Fit

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Honda Fit. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available...updated 09/13/16

- Yarmouth, ME, USA

Jul 222016

Fit

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Honda Fit. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags); however, the part needed to repair the vehicle was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Bethany, MO, USA

Mar 272016

Fit 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2009 Honda Fit. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available. Updated 09/20/16 the consumer stated the driver's side air bag was replaced. However, the air bag for the passenger side was not available.

- Hayward, CA, USA

May 242016

Fit

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Honda Fit. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Santa Maria, CA, USA

Mar 012016

Fit

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Honda Fit. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 16V061000 (air bags) and 16V346000 (air bags); however, the parts to do the repairs were unavailable. The manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Goleta, CA, USA

Jul 182016

Fit

Takata recall. My car is one of the cars for the takata airbag on the driver and passenger side. I was told that Honda only covers the rental cars for the driver side airbags and will not be covering if the driver side was fixed and the passenger has not been fixed. So I can still drive my car but Honda recommends not to have someone in the front passenger seat. This prevents me from driving/carpooling more than 3 passengers as well as the metal shards from the passenger airbag can still potentially hit the driver if the airbag deployed. Is Honda and other companies allowed to only cover the rental car for the driver side and not the passenger passing on the liability to the car owner if the passenger was to get hurt due to the recall?

- Pasadena, CA, USA

Jul 142016

Fit

The contact owns a 2009 Honda Fit. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 16V346000 (air bags) and 16V061000 (air bags); however, the parts for the repairs were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repairs. The contact had not experienced a failure. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Melbourne, FL, USA

Mar 072016

Fit 4-cyl

Takata recall. The contact owns 2009 Honda Fit. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags) however, the part to do the recall repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer had exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms part not yet available. Updated 09/06/16 the consumer stated only the driver side air bag was replaced. Updated 09/08/16.

- Madison, AL, USA

Jul 112016

Fit

Takata recall: Notice was sent in March 2016, part was ordered in April 2016, part has still not arrived in July 2016.

- Torrance, CA, USA