2009 Honda Fit seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Honda Fit:

2009 Honda Fit Owner Comments (Page 3 of 5)

Mar 312016

Fit

Driver's side airbag recall: I received a driver's side airbag recall in March 2016. I've contacted my local Honda dealer, scott robinson in torrance, ca at least 8 times beginning in March 2016 and most recently in August 2016. The first few months scott robinson said parts weren't available and they couldn't provide alternative transportation. Finally in August they said they could order the parts and it would take 4-6 weeks for the part to come in, but they reiterated that they can't provide alternative transportation. On August 22, 2016 I called american Honda and requested alternative transportation. Throughout the week of August 22 - 25 (mon - thurs) I called american Honda a total of 4 times as they asked me to call my local dealers (which I two different ones) to try to get alternative transportation and to call them back to escalate my case because of my upcoming trips with my pregnant wife in my car. American Honda said they would open a case and get back to me to provide alternative transportation by 8/29/2016. American Honda also told me a manager would call me back on 8/25/16 or 8/26/16 at the latest but I never received any calls as of 9/5/2016 (and no missed calls). American Honda continues to give me the run-around for a case I initiated in March 2016. They have had awareness that I am driving with a life-threatening defect and are not taking any action, which is criminal.

- Redondo Beach, CA, USA

Aug 312016

Fit

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Honda Fit. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags); however, the parts to do the repair were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Mount Juliet, TN, USA

Mar 012016

Fit

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Honda Fit. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags); however, the part to do the recall repair was not yet available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available. Updated 10/07/16

- Ellicott City, MD, USA

Jul 012016

Fit

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Honda Fit. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags); however, the parts to do the repair were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Saint Cloud, FL, USA

Aug 252016

Fit

Six (6) months of waiting to have driver & passenger airbags replaced airbags ordered in my name. Contacted american Honda motor Inc to file complaint/case #04866759. Was told Honda cannot assist me. Must use my Honda dealer. Honda dealer says they have no idea when to expect parts as of 8/25/2016.

- Lahaina, HI, USA

Jul 042016

Fit

Takata recall - I received two notices of the recall since March. When I spoke with a representative from american Honda motor co in early July 2016, they said pacific Honda in honolulu (current residence) should have parts available. I called pacific Honda only to be put on a waiting list. It is now, August 25th, and still no word or call back to say if my 2009 Honda Fit will be ready for service. We are moving to los angeles on Monday, Aug 29th and I would like to have it serviced at the nearest dealership asap. I am outraged as to how poorly this dangerous recall situation has been handled. Pacific Honda is considered in the hah zones and all customers should have received better notification as to when the parts were ready for service. I expected Honda to call me before our move regardless of how many people are on the "waiting list." I have a diabetic toddler who rides in the back seat. This cannot prolong any further than it already has.

- Woodland Hills, CA, USA

Aug 242016

Fit

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Honda Fit. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags). The part needed to repair the vehicle was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available. Updated 10/13/16

- Albany, NY, USA

Jun 012016

Fit

Takata recall parts are on national backorder and they are no longer compensating owners with rentals or otherwise. Dealer has no idea when it will be fixed, and I have to rely on someone else to drive me around. And, I don't like my vehicle not being used for a long period of time. This is their error and they need to continue to take care of those affected.

- Concord, NC, USA

Mar 102016

Fit

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Honda Fit. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 16V346000 (air bags) and 16V061000 (air bags). The part to do the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- San Juan Capistrano, CA, USA

Aug 152016

Fit

Takata recall. Got notification - rec'd 3/29/16. On my 2009 Honda Fit. Constant contact with Honda dealership and Honda Corp. "parts not available yet". today - I find I can get a "loaner" according to Honda Corp. Call dealership - have to come sign paperwork and go to enterprise for loaner. Enterprise tells me that I need a $200 deposit - refundable when I bring car back - and proof of income. Also have to find out from Honda what they will pay for weekly rental - I only asked for economy car. They give me $$ amount - now I have to find out from Honda dealership if they will pay $35 per day. Honda Corp says paying this amount is up to dealership. I've never had an accident / even a ticket and 66 yrs. Young. Why do I have to put up with all these phone calls - 1/2 the time the dealership won't even return my phone calls! paying my "loaner fee" seems a whole lot cheaper - than god forbid I had been in an accident.

- Visalia, CA, USA

Apr 042016

Fit

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Honda Fit. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect. The VIN was not available.

- Ogden, UT, USA

Feb 122016

Fit

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Honda Fit. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags). The part to do the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Kirkland, WA, USA

Mar 042016

Fit

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Honda Fit. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 16V340000 (air bags) and 16V061000 (air bags). The part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacture was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Petaluma, CA, USA

May 012016

Fit

Takata recall when I receive the recall notice four months ago I went to herb chambers Honda in burlington, MA. They refused to provide me with a substitute vehicle because I have a teenage driver. They told me to call american Honda about it - I did, I opened a case, and have never heard anything. I have been calling herb chambers every few weeks but all they would tell me is that they don't have the parts to fix the car. I tried calling Honda gallery in reading. They told me they have to order the parts specifically for the vehicle (herb chambers never told me this) and that it will take another six weeks if they mark it 'urgent'. nicole in service said she can't tell me that my car is safe to drive. She did not know if they will give me a rental or not, same reason, I have an 18 year old driver. I feel that Honda was perfectly happy to sell me a defective car but is doing nothing to either fix it or provide safe transportation.

- Lexington, MA, USA

Mar 312016

Fit

Takata recall and passenger airbag inflator recall: I originally contacted scott robinson Honda in torrance, ca in March 2016 regarding the recall. I was told to wait until June 2016 to contact them to address the recall because they were out of parts. I called them in early July and left two phone messages. I also went to their website and web-chatted with a representative and they said they would get back to me within a day or two. It has been weeks and I haven't heard back from any of my messages. They are ignoring my messages. Even if there is a delay in scheduling an appointment they could at least let me know. They continue to disregard me every time I contact them. I am extremely disappointed with the service from scott robinson Honda and I'm concerned about my safety.

- Redondo Beach, CA, USA

Mar 012016

Fit

Takata recall received a letter in March about the driver's air bag being recalled and called my Honda dealer to get on list for fix. 4 months later and have not had a response. About two months in I called and they stated they could do nothing and I would receive a letter when part was in. Nothing yet. Today received another letter from Honda stating the passenger airbag also defective! when and how can I get these problems fixed in a more timely manner.

- Peachtree Corners, GA, USA

Mar 102016

Fit

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Honda Fit. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 16V346000 (air bags) and 16V061000 (air bags) and stated that the part was not available within a reasonable time frame to schedule the recall repair. The dealer did not give a specific date for when the part would become available. The manufacturer could not provide an estimated date for when the contact's vehicle would receive the recall repair. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Myrtle Beach, NC, USA

Mar 072016

Fit

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Honda Fit. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags); however, the remedy was not yet available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect. The VIN was unavailable.

- Brownsville, TX, USA

Jul 262016

Fit

Takata recall. Received notice yesterday (25july 16) of passenger side recall. I notified local Honda (hendricks Honda of charleston) of the fact that I had a planned trip to mi from SC this Friday and would need the air bag replaced by Thursday that me of day. I was told that this schedule could likely not be met and that they could not provide a loaner. I called the Honda automobile customer service # and was told the same thing; to hey agreed to escalate my concern but could not give me an expected time of a reply. I do not have the option of another vehicle and feel that my choices are between an unsafe condition and a rental at personal expense; I believe this to be unfair.

- John's Island, SC, USA

Jul 262016

Fit

Takata recall--hendrick Honda of charleston, SC has had my airbags on order for over 2 months and cannot give me any idea as to when they will be repairing my car. Additionally, they have told me that, while they can give me a loaner/rental until my driver side airbag is repaired, they will not allow me to use the loaner/rental until my passenger side airbag gets replaced. So basically, they care if I die, but not my husband, child, or friend who happens to be riding in the passenger seat! this is totally unacceptable. If they are not able to repair these cars, they should have to buy them back from us like Volkswagen is doing for their customers.

- Charleston, SC, USA