2011 Honda Fit seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Honda Fit:

2011 Honda Fit Owner Comments (Page 1 of 3)

Fit

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2011 Honda Fit. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags); however, the part for the recall repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The contact had not experienced a failure. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Denver, CO, USA

Fit

Takata recall I got the recall email from Honda in March of 2016 saying that replacement parts would be available in the summer of 2016. It stated that Honda would contact me when parts for my Fit were available. Considering that the air bags deploy and spray shrapnel into people's faces and eyes, it would seem urgent to get these replacement airbags to Honda's customers. To date, I have heard nothing further from Honda. I can't sell this car because it is a "recall" car and should not drive it for years and years with the defect/maiming airbags. Why it my safety not more important to Honda" why isn't the government forcing them to make timely repairs"

- Parkville, MO, USA

Feb 122016

Fit

Takata recall dear sir/madam, I send this message because I have no further instruction about recall of my Fit sport 2011, whose has takata airbag problem. Initial instruction shows replacement part will arrive around fall 2016, but we have no postal/electric notification about further actions. I contacted the nearest Honda dealer but there is no information neither (even no reply to my email). I hope someone could let me know what is happening and what I can do for this issue. Thank you. Best regards, naoki marushima

- Arlington Heights, IL, USA

Sep 222010

Fit

Takata recall. Received notice on 7-2016 that parts would be available late summer or in the fall. We would receive notice when they were available. As of 12-2-2016 have not heard from anyone.

- Lakeside, CA, USA

May 232016

Fit

Takata recall. Second recall for airbag issue, now passenger side. No notification or any information from Honda about the repair of this issue. This has limited the use of this vehicle as no passengers can ride in the front.

- Battle Ground, WA, USA

Nov 252016

Fit

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2011 Honda Fit. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 16V346000 and 16V061000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Bonfall, CA, USA

Nov 022016

Fit

Takata recall: I received a letter from Honda on 3/26/2016 informing me that my airbag was defective and was recalled. The letter stated they would send me another letter soon informing me when I could get it fixed. I never heard back from them, so I called them on 7/18/2016. They said that I could get it fixed by late September at the latest and that I would receive a second letter informing me when I could get it fixed. Now it is 11/2/2016 and I still have not heard anything from Honda. If my car truly has a dangerous airbag that needs to be replaced, I think that more than 7 months is longer than I should have to wait to get it fixed. I want them to fix my airbag as soon as possible.

- Saint Louis, MO, USA

May 272016

Fit

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2011 Honda Fit. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags). The part to do the recall repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Chula Vista, CA, USA

Aug 272016

Fit

I received two notices of the airbag recall for my Honda Fit (2011) and the part was supposed to be available by late summer/fall. I made an appointment online for 8/27/16 only to find out when I got there that my local Honda dealership (Honda of oakland) still did not have the part even though I was able to make an appointment online specifically for the recall. It's been over 90 days and I still have yet to receive notice from my local dealership regarding this recall. Please remedy this situation as soon as possible. I have never had to wait so long (over 4 months) for the part to come for a recall, especially when it involves life/death.

- Oakland, CA, USA

Oct 212016

Fit

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2011 Honda Fit. The contact inquired about part availability for NHTSA campaign numbers: 16V346000 (air bags) and 16V061000 (air bags). The part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had a case open with Honda. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Glendale, CA, USA

Aug 292016

Fit

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2011 Honda Fit. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 16V346000 (air bags) and 16V061000 (air bags). The dealer was contacted to schedule the recall repairs, but indicated that the parts were on a national backorder. The contact was placed and received no response from the dealer for over sixty days. The contact was uncertain of when the vehicle would be repaired. The manufacturer was unable to provide a reasonable time frame to supply the parts to the dealer. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Lawrenceville, GA, USA

Jul 152016

Fit

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2011 Honda Fit. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags); however, the part to do the recall repair was not yet available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Signal Hill, CA, USA

Oct 062016

Fit

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2011 Honda Fit. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags) however, the part for the recall repair was unavailable. The contact stated the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The contact had not experienced any failures. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Metairie, LA, USA

Jul 232016

Fit

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2011 Honda Fit. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 16V061000 (air bags) and 16V346000 (air bags); however, the part to do the recall repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Jul 112016

Fit

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2011 Honda Fit. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect. The VIN was not available.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Mar 152016

Fit

Takata inflators. I received a recall notice in March 2016, and within a day or two contacted my local Honda dealer, mc grath Honda, located at 1411 E main street in St charles, il. They supposedly put me on a waiting list. I have called them 3 times, and even stopped by once to inquire on the status O my vehicle. They have never called me back. Even on my drop by visit, I was not given an answer, just told someone would call me back the next day...did not happen. I have now been waiting over 180 days to get the repair. I have even contacted the Honda dealer schaumburg, il, but have had no better luck with them. If this is such a safety concern, maybe they should concentrate on fixing the cars that are already on the road. Help me get my car fixed. I rely on it to take my handicapped mother to her doctor's appointments in Chicago.

- Campton Hills, IL, USA

Mar 182016

Fit

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2011 Honda Fit. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags); however, the parts to do the repair were unavailable. The manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Sheboygan, WI, USA

Sep 162016

Fit

Takata recall it has been over 60 days since first contacting my Honda dealership (automation Honda of valencia) for a repair appointment. They have neither remedied the defect in my vehicle, nor made any attempt to assure my safety of my family. Multiple attempts to call to speak with someone to try and resolve the situation have been in vain.

- Canyon Country, CA, USA

Fit

Takata recall - NHTSA recall 16V-061 - notice sent from Honda automobile division, american Honda motor company, Inc. Regarding safety hazard with front air bag inflator March 2016; we called dch Honda of temecula (dealer) for remedy April 2016 - they are waiting for parts; called Honda 7/13/2016 - they are ordering passenger airbag - driver side is separate - we are in queue; called Honda 9/15/2016 - they are still waiting for parts; we are driving a vehicle that is defective and a safety hazard and need it remedied. Is the Honda dealership obligated to give us a loaner vehicle while we are waiting?

- Bonsall, CA, USA

May 012016

Fit

I brought my car in to be repaired and they notified me that it would be an extended time that my car would be out. I explained that I drive uber and that was my main form of income, when I couldn't drive a regular enterprise, I spoke to Honda and did the second option of paying for it upfront and being reimbursed 6-8 weeks after I filed my receipts. This was going on in April-may and it is now September. I am out $1200 and do not know how to get them to reimburse me my money. They have been dragging their feet always requesting more information and wanting more and needing me to explain. This is absolutely ridiculous and I want to take legal action. So tired of being stepped on by the big guy.

- Castaic, CA, USA