2012 Honda Fit seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Honda Fit:

2012 Honda Fit Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Oct 092016

Fit

Takata recall- went to dealership to get my air bag replace, which they did't have needed to be order and waited 6 weeks. On October the 09, 2016 I was on a vehicle accident driving 25 miles and hour the right side tire hit and embankment and damaged my car for a total loss. The deployment of the airbag hit my chest with such force that my sternum was fracture and bruise through out my chest. I have being having severe pain for the past three weeks. The road is and uphill curve which the speed limit is 25 miles and is two lane road the vehicle behind me had lights on which I believe also were a factor because the lights reflected on the rearview mirror and was to close. Will summit a chp report when necessary.

- Porterville, CA, USA

Aug 012016

Fit

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2012 Honda Fit. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags) and stated that the part needed for the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- E Boston, MA, USA

Fit

Takata recall - I am frustrated because I was notified in early March that this product is defective, and 6 months later, there is still not any parts available.I am fearful every day I drive this car. What is being done to get us replacement parts? this is much too long.

- Goshen, NY, USA

Fit

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2012 Honda Fit. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Arlington, VA, USA

Jul 202016

Fit

I have contacted Honda 2 times to no avail..they tell me they are ordering the parts both times I have called. They have never contacted me period. I called them last on 7-20-16 @ 3:42pm. Honda dealership on blue heron blvd in riviera bch, fl ph # 561-844-5700

- Palm Bch Gardens, FL, USA

Sep 282016

Fit

Takata recall. 7 months, or more, after the recall was announced the local Honda dealer still does not have the recall parts in stock. Nor was I notified that parts were available, despite assurance that I would be notified, but that I must call each morning to see if the parts might have arrived and then reserve them by then making an appointment for replacement.

- Santa Cruz, CA, USA

May 112016

Fit 4-cyl

2012 Honda Fit. Consumer writes in regards to rental vehicle offered until airbag replacement parts became available. Consumer seeks reimbursement for rental vehicle damages from hail storm and collision insurance.

- Weldon Spring, MO, USA

Fit

The contact owns a 2012 Honda Fit. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- San Jose, CA, USA

Mar 152016

Fit

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2012 Honda Fit. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags) and stated that the parts needed for the repairs were not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tools confirmed the parts are not available.

- Elmhurst, IL, USA

Fit

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2012 Honda Fit. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags). The part to do the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- San Francisco, CA, USA

Fit

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2012 Honda Fit. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags). The part to do the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available. Updated 10/07/16

- Missoula, MT, USA

Fit

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2012 Honda Fit. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available. Updated 09/30/16

- Miami, FL, USA

Mar 292016

Fit

Takata recall I received my one and only notice from Honda on 3/28/16 and called the local dealership on 3/29/16. No airbags were available. I then callsd on 4/26/16, 6/20/16 for the same story..no airbags available. Today, 8/29/16, I called american Honda and they referred me back to the dealership after stating they had no idea when an airbag would be available for the driver side of my Honda Fit.

- Lexington, SC, USA

Aug 232016

Fit

I was notified by letter earlier this year about the JY1 recall and I have not heard back. The parts were supposed to become available this summer and the website is still showing that a remedy is not available. I don't want to get in an accident and my air bag deploy and kill myself or someone else while driving. I don't believe that is extreme as others have lost lives due to recalls not having been completed.

- Topeka, KS, USA

Apr 012016

Fit

Takata recall earlier this year, I received a notice concerning the takata airbag recall for my 2012 Honda Fit. I followed the directions on the recall and contacted my dealer (bella auto international, in puerto rico) to process the recall. I am filing this complaint because, pursuant to the terms of the letter I was sent, I do not believe the dealer has fixed the problem in a "reasonable period of time, " which the letter defines as 60 days from the day I first contacted the dealer. I estimate that it has been more than 100 days since I contacted the dealer. My patience has run out. Although I diligently turn the car on every so often, I have not been able to drive it around to ensure the car does not get damaged by sitting for an extended period. Further, my registration sticker will expire in August, and I have not been able to take the car for an inspection. The rental car the dealer provided has an unpleasant smell, and the brakes are squeaky and shudder. Although my wife has called the dealer almost every week to check the status (the car is hers), the dealer has just responded with delay tactics. Further, when we handed the car to the dealer, the person who attended us made an odd comment. We were told that the dealer was replacing the airbags in the luxury brand vehicles first (e.g. Acura, etc), and that our budget brand vehicles would be attended to last. I am not sure if this is true, but it certainly warrants investigation. Lastly, the week before we handed the car to the dealer, we had taken the car in due to a check-engine light. The diagnosis was that something regarding the fuel cap or valve was damaged, and that it required a $140 part to replace. We placed the order on the part that week. Incredibly, the part has not yet arrived. Please let me know if you need any more information.

- San Juan, PR, USA

Fit

To whom it may concern I am writing to you because I have been waiting to get my airbags replaced I understand it is in high demand and can take some time but what is not acceptable is the terrible service I have been dealing with. Not only am I required to take time off to work to go to the dealership ( moss bros moreno valley ca) I am receiving the worst service. I have spoke to the service manager who seems to really not care about the service his employees are giving. I was told several times next next next week its getting to a point where I am not comfortable going to this dealership I really didn't want to file a complain because I am afraid they will be notified and damage my vehicle I recently had my father pass away so I am dealing with allot the last thing I need is this problem with the dealership I would like someone to contact me with another option to fixing my car and so I can go more in to detail about this issue. I also feel uncomfortable as I was almost being forced into driving my vehicle to the dealership when I signed a form saying I wouldn't drive it and I told him I wasn't comfortable he kept trying to get me to drive it and I told him no I wasn't going to until he would give me a document saying he would cover he than said he would call me back and never did.

- Moreno Valley, CA, USA

Aug 152016

Fit

The contact owns a 2012 Honda Fit. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Updated 09/30/16

- Piscataway, NJ, USA

Aug 112016

Fit

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2012 Honda Fit. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Hot Spring Village, AR, USA

Aug 012015

Fit

The contact owns a 2012 Honda Fit. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags); however, the part for the recall repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The contact stated that the air bag warning light illuminated. The approximate failure mileage was 66,000. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Fairfield, CA, USA

Aug 102016

Fit

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2012 Honda Fit. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags); however, the part needed to repair the vehicle was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- New York, NY, USA