2.9

2012 Honda Fit suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Honda Fit:

2012 Honda Fit Owner Comments

Apr 072015

Fit

I thought my daughter needed balance & alignment, however instead we had to replace the right lower control arm & ball joint. Imagine my surprise when I was told that a vehicle less than 50K miles-never involved in a accident, good condition required this kind of work! it's only 3 yrs old! I called the Honda dealer (in case there was a recall that I was unaware of) nope-no recall. My mechanic told me this was certainly a factory defect! thank god-her wheel did not come off while driving, causing an accident or something worse! anyways-$460.14 later-she is safe and vehicle is running smooth. I am very disappointed in this vehicle design. I strongly feel that Honda should have been on top of this issue. Just because a car is economical doesn't mean it has to be poorly designed. My poor daughter is trying to plan her wedding. Can you imagine if something would have happened to her or anyone else on the road! how careless! I would never recommend this car to anyone-ever!

- Crawfordville, FL, USA