2013 Honda Fit engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Honda Fit:

2013 Honda Fit Owner Comments

May 022016

The contact owns a 2013 Honda Fit. While attempting to accelerate from a stop, the vehicle stalled without warning. The vehicle was towed to an independent mechanic where it was diagnosed that the engine motor mount was fractured and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 28,900.

- Baltimore, MD, USA

Apr 222015

Took 2013 Fit to dealer due to car noise underneath and car wanting to stall at stops, or while waiting for lights to change. Mechanic found debris/part of a feather on map sensor of which he kept. I was told that this rarely ever happens to Honda cars and warned that my extensive warranty that I purchased does not cover debris from roads. I am shocked to read that there are vents below the license plate holder near the road, wide enough to significantly expose the engine to damage from road debris such as a big rock, this causes road debris to enter and hit the A/C condenser only inches behind the opening. In my case, one week after taking my car to the dealer for stalling caused by map sensor debris I had a car accident. The front bumper fell off the Honda Fit and exposed 4 very large, although dead, intact birds next to my engine with many feathers, two on each side of the front bumper. The police office told me to contact Honda as they needed to be made aware of the problem. I called the dealership and they denied any responsibility. Told me that I can contact the national center for dispute settlement located in my car manual if I wanted. I am terrified to drive this car. Why hasn't Honda been forced to provide a grill cover or other form of protection?? I strongly feel that the Honda Fit 2013 is a very dangerous vehicle and may caused me many costly repairs. I hope someone hears me and addresses this problem before a fatal accident occurs. Additionally, I have pictures of the four large adult birds lying inside the front bumper of my car as evidence that Honda "must" address this issue as soon as possible.

- Kansas City, MO, USA

Nov 032014

Any time at low speed start off if left foot is just touching brake pedal car will stall with no response in throttle position car stops! until the accelerator pedal is backed off with foot and reapplied dealer said this happens and to drive with only one foot! this is very dangerous problem need recall!

- Fort Worth , TX, USA

Jul 222014

Fit 4-cyl

Mice eat 3 engine wire looms since Honda uses soy based chemicals for wires that can lead to an accident or fire.

- Stl, MO, USA

Jun 032014

There are "vents" below the license plate holder near the road, wide enough to significantly expose the engine to damage from road debris such as a big rock. This causes road debris to enter and hit the A/C condenser only inches behind the opening. I have researched this problem and have seen this reported 3 times in several years to From model year 2010 to 2014. Honda had a problemwith other Honda car models which resulted in a successful class action lawsuit. Honda still does not provide a grill cover or other form of protection despite the lawsuit and reports. They also do not cover the repairs with their manufacture warranty. To have a 9 month old 2013 automobile have to have air conditioning replacement is outrageous. This is a edesign defect and Honda should address the issue which may be of safety when people stop on the side of the road to address it regularly. The repairs are approx. $1,000 each and it seems Honda may be running a racket with this recurring defect issue.

- Richmond, VA, USA

Apr 252014

Fit 4-cyl

While driving the engine all of a sudden shut off. Pulled to the side of the road and turned the key off and started engine. No problems since.

- Valatie, NY, USA

Apr 112014

Fit 4-cyl

Battery was replaced. Car struggling to start so said alternator might be bad. Battery light and check engine light keep turning on. Dealership said I would have to leave car for 100 hours to get it checked.

- Richmond, TX, USA