2013 Honda Fit seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Honda Fit:

2013 Honda Fit Owner Comments (Page 2 of 4)

Oct 032016

Fit

The contact owns a 2013 Honda Fit. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags); however, the part for the recall repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The contact had not experienced a failure. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Nutley, NJ, USA

Oct 032016

Fit

Takata recall: On two separate occasions we've scheduled to have the parts replaced. Both times Honda called us to cancel stating the parts were not in yet. This has been going on since we received the notice back in March.

- Nutely, NJ, USA

Mar 152016

Fit

Takata recall. Received safety recall in March. It is now October and the part to fix my car is still not available. It has been well past 60 days since I received my recall notice and contacted my dealer.

- Colchester, VT, USA

Feb 262016

Fit 4-cyl

Dear National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, the account holders believe that american Honda has failed and is unable to remedy a defect in our 2013 Honda Fit within a reasonable period of time - within 60 days from the date we first contacted the dealer for repair. The account holders have made several good faith attempts in person and via telephone on February, 26th 2016 (first attempt document attached); March 10th, 2016, May 20th, 2016, September 7th, 2016, and September 12th, 2016 to have the driver side airbags repaired for our 2013 Honda Fit lease. Currently, Honda has failed to repair the airbags. Please, see attached documents. We feel that our safety has been neglected by Honda and would appreciate your help in remedying this issue. Thank you for your help.

- Athens, GA, USA

Sep 282016

Fit

Takata recall - this recall has been extremely spurious with an inept corporation running it. I received the safety recall information in March 2016 regarding my 2013 Honda Fit sport drivers side air bag. I am still waiting the for part to arrived after several calls to Honda automotive. I was told Honda automotive will pay for a rental vehicle to drive during the over six month part delay (the letter stated the past summer the part would be available). I do not have the place or inclination to let the nitrogen out of my tires, empty the fluid out of the car, and put the vehicle up on blocks in a garage for over six months. When I speak with a dealer or the corporate office the staff is very cavalier regarding my well-being. I do not appreciate someone deciding to play russian roulette with my life especially individuals who act like unfeeling and incompetent robots. Obviously, my family and I am concerned for my safety and I hope to win the cruel game I have been thrown into by Honda automotive. I will say I have owned four Honda cars including this one. I will not be purchasing another for self-explanatory reasons. No one has the right to devalorize a human being (customer) for profits; however, this act happens daily. - mauigirl300, alcoa, tn, usa

- Alcoa, TN, USA

Jun 012016

Fit

Takata-dealer notified me of recall-had me sign a waiver that I drive under my own peril. Three months have passed, dealer does not have the part and does not know when it will arrive. Dealer tried to have me trade it for 9K, I have a private buyer ready to pay 12,500 but cannot sell it due to the recall. No accidents have occurred as a result.

- Anaheim, CA, USA

Feb 032016

Fit

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2013 Honda Fit. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags). The part to do the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Dover, DE, USA

Mar 152016

Fit

Takata recall I received notification from Honda in March, 2016 stating that replacement parts 'will become available in the summer of 2016' and that I would receive an additional letter from Honda. I've never received another letter. Since I live near the coast I am concerned about the higher humidity causing problems with the inflator. It has been 6 months without resolution. This is unacceptable.

- Santa Cruz, CA, USA

Sep 262016

Fit

In March 2016 Honda promised that the parts would be available in summer 2016 and Honda would notify me. It is now almost October 2016 and the parts are still not available.

- Sammamish, WA, USA

Sep 262016

Fit

Takata recall: I received a letter in March 2016 that this defect could potentially kill or hurt me and my passengers. I've called the dealership on at least 3 different occasions and told the part would be in soon. I called again today, more than 6 months after getting the letter, and sat on hold from more than 15 minutes waiting for an answer about my part, stating again my safety concerns. I finally gave up and called Honda national and was told that this was such a massive recall, getting the parts is slow. So in the meantime, I drive a car that puts me and my family at risk. Today, for the first time, I was told I could get an alternative car to drive in the interim. Better, but still not comforting to know my car is not only defective, but getting a resolution is proving to be problematic and potentially dangerous to my family. My concerns are: 1. why does it take this long" that seems completely unacceptable when potential death is involved. 2. why didn't my dealership offer a car earlier for my safety? 3. why am I on hold for 15 minutes with a dealership inquiring about my part with no answer? it shouldn't be this difficult. 4. my car was barely two years old when this happened, why couldn't I have just been given a new car to replace this defective one since it's such a safety concern" this situation really makes my car a lemon!

- Waukesha, WI, USA

Mar 292016

Fit 4-cyl

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2013 Honda Fit. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags); however, the parts to do the repair were unavailable. The manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available. Updated 12/13/16 the consumer stated the air bag was replaced. Updated 12/15/16.

- Portland, ME, USA

Apr 012013

Takata recall

- Niceville, FL, USA

Sep 152016

Fit

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2013 Honda Fit. The contact received a recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags). The parts needed for the recall remedy were unavailable. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- East Stroudsburg, PA, USA

Sep 092016

Fit

Honda has not taken corrective action regarding the air bag recall on my vehicle.

- Sugarland, TX, USA

Mar 192016

Fit

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2013 Honda Fit. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Knoxville, TN, USA

Jun 142016

Fit

Takata recall notice received from Honda in March, 2016. I ordered the airbag recall repair from gary smith Honda in fort walton beach, fl on June 14, 2016. It has been almost 90 days and they still do not know when the order might be received. My notice says I can file a complaint with NHTSA. I am hoping this will work. Or do I have to write a letter on paper and snail mail it?

- Santa Rosa Beach, FL, USA

Mar 142016

Fit 4-cyl

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2013 Honda Fit. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags); however, the remedy was not yet available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. The VIN was not available. Parts distribution disconnect. Updated 11/17/16 the consumer stated its been over a year, since he received the recall. Updated 11/22/16.

- Brooklyn, NY, USA

Sep 012016

Fit 4-cyl

2013 Honda Fit. Consumer writes in regards to replacement parts not available to repair recall notice.

- Destin, FL, USA

Sep 012016

Fit

I received an important safety recall notice in March of 2016 saying that the airbags were potentially defective. It says that "the remedy parts needed to conduct driver's airbag inflator recalls will become available in the summer of 2016." At that time I will receive another letter telling me to contact the dealer. The summer is quickly waning to a close so yesterday I went to the dealer in person (jl freed in montgomeryville, pa) and was told that they are still months behind, that some people have had to leave their cars there for 3 months. I do not see this as an acceptable situation and think Honda should take this car back now without penalty. They clearly cannot rectify the problem in a timely manner. My wife does not feel safe driving this car. We have been patient, but Honda is not living up to its promise. I do not think we should have to wait until an incident happens to get a safe car, nor do I want to be sending photos as a widower. Thanks in advance for your attention to this matter.

- Doylestown, PA, USA

Mar 012016

Fit

2013 Honda Fit. Consumer writes in regards to replacement parts or remedy still not available to repair vehicle defect.

- San Diego, CA, USA