2013 Honda Fit seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Honda Fit:

2013 Honda Fit Owner Comments (Page 3 of 4)

Feb 122016

Fit

Takata recall. Despite a recall in February, six months later apparently parts are not available, and more to the point no loaner cars have been or are yet available, either from my now-local dealer (yonkers Honda, 2000 central park ave, yonkers, NY 10710). When I checked last in June they said parts would be coming in the summer, but still no parts. I am very nervous driving a car that could cause my death in a crash, and don't understand why Honda has made loaner car available to some people, but not others (like me).

- New York, NY, USA

Mar 142016

- Lincoln, NE, USA

Feb 122016

Fit

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2013 Honda Fit. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags). The part to do the recall repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Greenfield, MA, USA

Aug 222016

Fit

Takata recall purchased new to haul working dogs and outfitted with protective covers etc in order to do so. Received the safety recall for driver's airbag on March 9th and made first dealer contact in March 2016.. due to the vehicle use, Honda dealer never provided a rental car. In mid-August I made additional contact with corporate and dealer to no avail. I then traded off the vehicle at a loss due to the feet dragging by Honda. They provided an unsafe car and failed to offer me a remedy. The dealer did offer to sell me another car at normal pricing and offered a low trade in value since they stated they could not resell my unsafe car until a repair is made. Entire dealing was very unacceptable. Faulty product with failed remedy. Never another Honda. Never lost so much money but they have no fix currently for the drivers air bag. I was honest with the dealer stating I almost was in a wreck and enough is enough..this product is defective and Honda failed to remedy it. I feel legal action against Honda is appropriate. Vehicle had 13,000 miles on it when traded for different vehicle at significant loss. My choice, but my safety also matters at least to me.

- Wichita, KS, USA

Aug 222016

Fit

The contact owns a 2013 Honda Fit. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags); however, the part for the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The contact had not experienced a failure. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Port Orange, FL, USA

Mar 232016

Fit

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2013 Honda Fit. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V06100 (air bags); however, the parts to do the repair were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available. Updated 09/27/16

- Yellow Spring, WV, USA

Aug 062016

Fit

Takata recall: It has been more than 60 days since I requested my new airbag inflator. I have not been given a date to expect replacement of my faulty airbag inflator. I asked to be let out of my lease due to this issue. I was given an appraisal on my car that would let me out after 2 more paymetns. I made those two payments. Then I was given a new appraisal saying I would have to give the dealer [Honda of seattle] $2700 to get out of my lease. I am frustrated with the double speak of the dealership. I am frustrated with the lack of information about when to expect a replacement airbag inflator. I am frustrated at the breach of trust at work here. This was a known problem, but was kept from me for 2 years of my lease, and now I am expected to pay more because of the manufacturer's error.

- Seattle, WA, USA

Mar 252016

Fit

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2013 Honda Fit. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Jackson, OH, USA

Mar 182016

Fit

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2013 Honda Fit. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available. Updated 10/04/16

- El Cajon, CA, USA

Aug 042016

- South Chttenden, VT, USA

May 092014

Fit

This car was in an accident, it was rear-ended by another vehicle. This Honda Fit was stopped in traffic at a construction zone in Suburban cary, nc when it was hit from behind by a small truck that was going approx. 45+ mph. The impact pushed the Fit forward into some construction materials. The truck driver was found fully responsible for the crash and was not injured. For the Fit, air bags inflated for the passenger side but none for the driver. Fortunately, the driver was the only person in the Fit. As shown in pictures (attached), the driver' seat tipped backwards from it's upright position. The head rest completely fell off and ended up in the back seat, giving the driver minimal protection. In addition, a metal bar under the driver's seat was thrust forward, causing a deep and large hematoma in the driver's leg.

- Okemos, MI, USA

Mar 222016

Fit

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2013 Honda Fit. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags); however, the part needed to perform the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Monterey, CA, USA

May 022016

Fit

Takata recall the parts have been unavailable for over 6 months now for a problem that is potentially deadly. It is unreasonable that a manufacturer can let people wait this long for something this dangerous simply because they don't want to make more parts in a short period of time.

- Monterey, CA, USA

Apr 042016

Fit

Takata recall: I called lithia Honda in medford, Oregon three months ago and informed the service manager that I received a recall letter 9in March 2016. He said they would order the parts and inform me when the part arrived, then I could make and appointment for repair. I called yesterday for an appointment and was informed the parts were not there and they would have to order them again. I was told they did not know how long it would take for the parts to arrive because Honda controlled the parts and the dealer had no control in getting the parts. I was told to call Honda customer service. Honda is refusing to repair the car by delaying the repair. The recall letter said that driving the car is dangerous and life threatening. I need my car to get to medical appointments.

- Yreka, CA, USA

Mar 012016

Fit 4-cyl

2013 Honda Fit. Consumer writes in regards to replacement parts not available to repair driver side airbag inflator.

- Juneau, AK, USA

Jul 212016

- Concord, MA, USA

Mar 012016

Fit

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2013 Honda Fit. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags); however the part to do the repair was unavailable. The manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Celina, OH, USA

Jun 062016

Fit

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2013 Honda Fit. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags). The dealer stated that they would call the contact when the parts become available; however, the contact received no follow up response. The contact was unable to determine when the parts would become available and when the vehicle would be repaired. The manufacturer was not notified. The failure mileage was unknown. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- San Francisco, CA, USA

Jul 142016

Fit

Received airbag recall notice March 2016. Call richfield Honda for repair, was told no parts were available until late June 2016. Call inver grove Honda today 07/14/2016 and was told there are still no parts until late summer.

- Saint Paul, MN, USA

Feb 032016

Fit

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2013 Honda Fit. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Wyoming, MI, USA