2015 Honda Fit body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Honda Fit:

2015 Honda Fit Owner Comments

Jul 252016

Fit

And around 17,000 miles the car developed an extremely loud squeak that sounded as those it was coming from the dashboard. I took it to the dealer who discovered that were loose bolts from the factory causing the front bumper to squeak. In the process of looking for the squeak they dismantled the dash board. Now the dashboard has come apart around the passenger airbag and cannot be put back to original factory specs. This is an extremely dangerous situation for a passenger in the event of the airbag deployment.

- Pickerington, OH, USA

Jun 152016

Fit

The splash guard/splash shield came loose under the front of my car and started dragging while I was driving down the highway. I pulled over and was able to remove it. The Honda dealership says it is unusable and have ordered one to replace it. It will cost $232 for the part and I don't know how much to install it.

- Luzerne, IA, USA

Jun 112016

Fit

Splash guard between front wheels came off while driving down a completely clear freeway and was dragging. Had to drive 15 miles to the nearest exit to buy duct tape, in the process the entire loose side of the splash guard was ruined. No foreign object hit the splash guard.

- San Jose, CA, USA

Dec 182015

Fit

The contact owns a 2015 Honda Fit. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V697000 (air bags, structure); however, the part to do the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- North Pole, AK, USA

Sep 072015

Fit

Driver side seat is cause my neck and back pain. In addition, not enough leg room for the left leg. It crammed in with little space. No back support low middle section of my back. I am only 5 7'. body paint is starting show spot of unclear clear coat. In addition, random nose coming from center console and parking bark lever wiggles. Parking lever does not feel tight, I can move it side to side. The issue with the seat was present during test drive. I noticed this issue after three month driving the car. I thought need time to adjust to the car

- Philadelphia, PA, USA

Dec 092014

Fit 4-cyl

After two trips to the Honda dealer, water continues to accumulate on the floor behind the driver seat, whenever the car is driven through heavy rains. We now have another half quart of water on the floor behind the drivers set, and believe there is a serious defect in our 2015 Honda Fit (a six speed). This much water on the floor can lead to rust, mold, electrical, and mildew/ problems and we feel a need to report the problem we are having. Dealers tend to suggest that car owners are dopes who leave their rear windows open in the rain when this type of thing happens, but that is not the case. We have documentation of our results from the dealer and can provide reports from an independent mechanic if needed. The 2015 Fit was redesigned and this may be an early indicator that many more people are going to have similar experiences.

- Newburyport, MA, USA

Sep 142014

Fit

When faced with heavy impact the vehicle do not active the air bags. However, the damage of the vehicle were of such magnitude that it broke the transmission, the clutch housing, the front body kit such as fog light, front bumpers and other parts.

- Caguas, PR, USA