2016 Honda HR-V accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Honda HR-V:

2016 Honda HR-V Owner Comments

Aug 272016

The test drive was very short and I did not realize there was a problem until 2 days after I bought the car. There is a big hard lump in the center of the drivers seat that causes bad pain. It even makes my back hurt.

- Converse, TX, USA

Jun 092015

The seats and seating position in the Hr-V are very dangerous. The seat is so uncomfortable and due to this, I am sitting so close to the awkwardly placed steering wheel that in the event of an accident, the airbag would probably not protect me. The cvt in the Hr-V is so unrefined that when I lift off the gas pedal a little, not all the way, at speeds under 40mph, the car engine brakes so severely that I have to use my left foot to put on my brake lights immediately. I was warned by a fellow commuter that I'm at risk for being rear ended. I've driven for 45+ years and never had a vehicle so burdensome and difficult to control. Total loss of money on my part. Honda seems like they don't care about the buyer. They make sure to only allow 5 minute test drives. I didn't notice these problems until about 10 days after purchasing the vehicle.

- Sammamish, WA, USA

Jul 222015

After purchasing and being able to drive it for an extended period of time, I noticed a pressure point in my mid-back. It got to the point where it would take as little time as my 7 minute commute to cause my back to go numb. This numbness would persist for several hours after getting out of the vehicle. This was a problem with the driver seat as well as the passenger and back seats. It was recommended to adjust the seat, but no amount of seat adjustment would alleviate this problem. One Honda dealer told me that this seat had no lumbar support and I should install leather over the cloth or trade for another Honda. I was told this vehicle had already depreciated 30%. I knew I was already at a loss so I wasn't going to sink any more money into Honda. I had to trade my car after 1 month of ownership.

- Flower Mound, TX, USA