2016 Honda HR-V electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Honda HR-V:

2016 Honda HR-V Owner Comments

Jun 052015

I purchased my Hr-V (ex-L with navigation) in May 2015 and have had this problem since the first week of driving. I was told by Honda service that my Hr-V needs a software update, but that there is not one available yet (it has now been 1 year). When I am driving, at any given moment, the entire display screen goes black / shuts down and reboots to the Honda screen. I have no navigation, radio, bluetooth phone connection or any display whatsoever. When the screen comes back on, it has remembered my destination most times and asks if I'd like to continue to the destination, but this is very unsettling to say the least, especially when I am in an unfamiliar area. Also, the radio freezes up and wont play any sound - using xm radio, ipod, am or fm, nothing comes out of the speakers until I "jar" it by putting a cd into the slot, then I get to hear the cd. This process of the radio freeze ends up locking up my ipod and leaves it unable to reconnect until the battery completely dies and I recharge it and start over the next day. My main safety concern is when the entire screen shuts down / reboots while I am driving and there not being any available fix for this as far as my Honda dealer is telling me.

- Canyon Country, CA, USA

Jun 222015

T.P.M.S. - light comes on regularly, without tires being at incorrect pressures. Random occurrences sometimes tires are low, sometimes they are perfectly set. This is a "safety issue" and concerns me, as this could cause a wreck. The tire pressue monitoring system is faulty, Honda repair facilities have been unable to correct the issue. I have repeatedly taken it to two (2) Honda dealerships' service departments - one in brunswick, Georgia (nalley Honda), and the other was in loves park, Illinois (napleton Honda). Technicians and service managers in both places have stated that Honda "does not have a fix for the issue". I have advised american division of Honda's corporate office in California concerning this issue. This is an ongoing problem, wherein Honda still does not have a fix for the problem. Their TPMS system on the 2016 Honda Hr-V is unsafe, unreliable and will lead to crashes. Thus far, I have been told to simply "perform a reset" if the dashboard light irritates me...

- Poplar Grove, IL, USA