2010 Honda Insight seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Honda Insight:

2010 Honda Insight Owner Comments (Page 1 of 3)

Feb 122016

Insight

Takata recall. It has been 9 months since the recall. Honda has not sufficiently provided a solution to the issue. Their recommendation of having the front passenger seat for such a long period of time is not only unrealistic, it is also inconvenient and ultimately, unacceptable.

- Belmont, CA, USA

Insight

Takata recall. I received a recall notice rfom Honda of America in March 2016 warning of the takata problem. They stated that replacement parts would be available in the summer of 2016 and that I would receive a further notice when they were available. I have not yet received that letter. So I called Honda of America and they could not tell me if parts were available. They passed the buck by telling me to call my dealer. I did so and found that parts were available. So I have scheduled the replacement. My complaint is the lack of responsiveness on the part of Honda and my dealer. Either one should have contacted me when parts became available. Why is Honda motor still allowed to do business in the usa. They are either inept or crooked!

- Amherst, NH, USA

Nov 142016

Insight

Takata recall. Received recall notice, saying that I would be notified when dealer had the replacement parts with an expected date of summer 2016. I emailed the dealership, but have yet to hear from them. The car is currently parked in garage. I don't want to sell or trade until the car is safe to drive, but this has gone on for a very long time. I just checked the Honda website. Their completion rate is less than 50%, yet they are seemingly very happy with that rate! that's outrageous!

- Brooklyn Park, MN, USA

Oct 312016

Insight

2010 Honda Insight, 179131; code 33-21 increased resistance the left side curtain airbag first inflator, when light air bag on in Saturday, I bring my car in the dealer(10/31/16)there change recall only driver air bag (no charge part and labor),the problem takata no have recall about left side curtain, bad too, I no have incident now, I scared for my kids, after there change air bag driver light on different code and I think same problem code 33-1 open-/increased resistance lf side curtain air bag inflator, I paid diagnostic in the dealer said is bad floor and cabin wire harness all in the left side for fix parts and labor is $1610.84, I fix 2 moths ago transmission, I check recall have other model about problem side curtain air bag inflator, I don't not why no have for Insight", I not can more driving my car now because I love my family, takata need people died for this problem for recall", please help me, thanks.

- Provo, UT, USA

Insight 4-cyl

2010 Honda Insight. Consumer writes in regards to no dealership response on replacement parts/ repair information for driver front airbag inflator recall.

- San Juan Bautista, CA, USA

Oct 162016

Insight

Airbag recall. This issue was supposedly fixed a few years ago and then I received another recall notice almost a year ago about another air bag recall. Honda has yet to fix this. What is the hold up" I contacted Honda a few months ago and they said they haven't received the part. When will my vehicle finally get fixed"

- Bronx, NY, USA

Mar 152016

Insight

Takata recall I received my first notice of the recall in March and another in July. The local dealer has yet to have the parts for replacement and just keeps telling me to call at the end of the month every month since March. This is extremely annoying to have limited use of my passenger seat and have no concrete date for a repair.

- Santa Cruz, CA, USA

Insight

I received a letter from american Honda motor co. Inc. In March 2016 notifying me of problems with dricer's front airbag inflator. No accident has ocurred yet.

- Chelsea, MA, USA

Sep 222016

Insight

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Honda Insight. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 16V346000 (air bags) and 16V061000 (air bags) however, the parts for the recall repairs were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repairs. The contact had not experienced any failures. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Hawthorne, FL, USA

Jun 032016

Insight

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Honda Insight. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags); however, the parts to do the repair were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- San Clemente, CA, USA

Sep 102016

Insight

The contact owns a 2010 Honda Insight. While the vehicle was stationary, the air bag indicator illuminated intermittently. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The failure mileage was 106,000. Updated 11/01/16

- Walpole, MA, USA

Jan 012015

Insight

Takata recall dealer says it is not receiving parts from Honda for this problem. Is there any way to urge Honda to move faster. I suspect the car may wear out before the dealer receives part to effect replacement.

- Champaignq, IL, USA

Mar 122016

Insight

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Honda Insight. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 16V061000 (air bags) and 16V346000 (air bags). The part to do the recall repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Tustin, CA, USA

May 242016

Insight

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Honda Insight. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Arlington, TX, USA

Feb 012016

Insight

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Honda Insight. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 16V346000 (air bags) and 16V061000 (air bags); however, the parts for the recall repair were not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available...updated 10/18/16

- Richmond, CA, USA

Aug 112016

Insight

Takata recall, I have two car seats for my son and daughter in the back seat of the car which makes it impossible for us to follow Honda's suggestion to not allow passengers in the front passenger seat. Honda has stated that they are not providing rental vehicles. I've contacted Honda about this issue and been given a case #. however, it has now been 4 weeks since my initial request for a rental car waiver from Honda and no one has responded to my claim. Upon calling Honda on the 11th of August, I was told that no one at their customer service center could access case files. So, now I can't even get an update on the progress.

- Cedar Hill, TX, USA

Jul 202016

Insight

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Honda Insight. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Oakland, CA, USA

Jun 062016

Insight

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Honda Insight. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Miami, FL, USA

May 272016

Insight

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Honda Insight. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Cupertino, CA, USA

Feb 032016

Insight

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Honda Insight. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Bend, OR, USA