2012 Honda Insight electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Honda Insight:

2012 Honda Insight Owner Comments

Apr 122015

Insight

I was driving in a line of slow moving traffic on a two line lane main street keeping a constant speed of 22 mph when suddenly my car lurched forward accelerating rapidly making a high pitched screaming sound. As the car gained speed I swerved into the other lane to avoid crashing into the car in front of me. Meanwhile I stomped on the foot brakes, pulled on the emergency brake and shifted into park trying to stop the car. Barely missing a head on collusion, the car jumped over the sidewalk, took down a steel sign, scraped over concrete barriers as it continued now at a speed of approximately 55 mph. It stopped only after I crashed it into the front window of a cafe. I'm concerned that this hybrid has a serious defect causing it to suddenly accelerate.

- Portland, OR, USA