1999 Honda Odyssey steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Honda Odyssey:

1999 Honda Odyssey Owner Comments

Jan 112009

Odyssey LX 3.5L V6

OK. I developed a vibration at highway speeds. Got (4) new Goodyear Viva tires. Took it on the highway. . .vibration still there! Figured maybe I need an alignment, so had that done. Road tested. . . vibration still there! OMG! I went through this routine 2 more times with not cure to my original problem. The motor mounts will not cause a vibration only at highway speeds. The only thing I did not change were the front struts. I do all work my self if possible. If the front strut develops a wear spot on the polished rod, it will weakin the stability force of the strut and bounce when going over a bump. My struts show no oil on the outside of the strut. (This means strut is no longer good). But after more inspections, I did find some oil on the inside of the strut where yopu cannot see. I will update my findings and post it as soon as possible.

- , Knoxville, TN, USA