2001 Honda Odyssey drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Honda Odyssey:

2001 Honda Odyssey Owner Comments

Jul 052005

Odyssey

At 83,000 miles the second transmission on my 2001 Honda Odyssey failed (registered in my wife's name, lynn roessler). Original transmission failed at 43,000 miles in 2003 and was replaced by Honda under warranty. In July 2005 the second transmission began to slip, check engine light came on, D4 light began to blink, tcs light came on. Returned call to Honda dealer, who again replaced transmission and left inboard joint. I do not know if I have now have a new or rebuilt transmission. I am concerned that the two transmissions I have had so far have lasted, on average, about 41,000 miles.

- North Potomac, MD, USA

Apr 262002

Odyssey

Front axle broke unexpectedly.

- Santa Ana, CA, USA