8.7

$2,000.00

1. replaced torque converter (2 reports)
2001 Honda Odyssey transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Honda Odyssey:

2001 Honda Odyssey Owner Comments

Jul 082011

Odyssey LX 3.5L

Tranmission is jumping into 2nd gear hard. Seems to be some slippage as well

- , Millis, MA, USA

Jul 252011

Odyssey

I have a 2001 Honda Odyssey. I started to notice when we 1st got it the transmission slipped and changed gears at the wrong time. it was as though the car was designed not to coast. You had to accelerate or the trans would down shift. We took our car to the dealer for something else really and mentioned the trans and found out about the recall and had our trans repaired for free. do not recall the year but the car was about 3 years old or so.

Today, while on the highway i noticed as i tried to accelerate the RPMs shot up to 5000 or more, but i was not accelerating. the RPMs concerned me because my Honda Pilot had a similar situation a few months back. thank goodness i was doing 70+. it allowed me to change lanes and make it to the shoulder. I placed the car in park, and put it back in drive, reverse, D3, 2 then 1 and nothing. as soon as i stepped on the accelerator the RPMs shot to the moon, but no movement.

Frankly i am pissed. i have had a honda accord-95, civic-99, and pilot-06. the Accord got me hooked on Hondas. absolutely no problem. a radiator, and a clutch after teaching my wife how to drive a manual trans. That's it. the Odyssey - a new trans via warranty, the Civic wasn't prepped right and did not have enough oil and required a new engine. Honda Pilot's transmission needed new solenoids about 3-4 months ago, a $750-800 repair. I THINK I AM DONE WITH HONDAS

- , Cheverly, MD, USA

Jul 072010

Odyssey LX V6

We are now on our 5th transmission in 9 years. replaced our last transmission in November of 2009. Just last week our torque converter blew on highway while driving.TCS and engine light first came on and then smoke billowing from the back engine pipe. Smoke got into the rear of our van as well. Children terrified.

I HATE THIS VAN. HAVE PUT SO MUCH $$$ MONEY INTO IT. DON'T EVEN KNOW IF I CAN SELL THE DAMN THING WITH HONESTY. I am driving it for a bit longer until my other vehicle's monthly payments is up and once that is done . The van is gone....DO NOT SPEND THE MONEY ON AN ODYSSEY. Please also see info@ odysseytransmission.com

- , Dundas, Ontario, Canada