6.8

$1,400.00

2. motor has to be replaced (1 reports)
2003 Honda Odyssey accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Honda Odyssey:

2003 Honda Odyssey Owner Comments

Sep 242011

Odyssey

I was driving on a highway doing at least 70mph with my kids in the back, and my drivers side sliding door opened up automatically, I could not get it to shut all the way and had to drive with the door opened lights on and an annoying beeping sound. My biggest concern is this is a safety issue and HONDA Refuses to do a recall on this. When I spoke to several people that have had the same exact issues.

- , Hopewell Jct, NY, USA

Jul 062008

Odyssey EX

we have had trouble with the doors for almost two years we told the dealership and they said it was working fine. now we are stuck with a huge repair bill almost 5% of the cars new cost. this cost for a door is completely out of line for a repair. I have been a fan of Honda up to this point but I am losing confidence and their escalating repair costs.

- , Silver Spring, MD, USA

Aug 122008

Odyssey LX 3.2L

I have had a huge amount of problems with the sliding doors on this vehicle. Last year they had to replace a latch on the driver side sliding door because the door wouldn't close. this week I was driving back from vacation wtih my 10 year old twins in the mid row seats and the passenger door slid wide open as I was driving 60mph on the highway. Luckily my daughter was wearing her seatbelt and she didn't fall out onto the highway at the time. I pulled over and re-closed the door. I had my wife drive the rest of the way home as I held the door closed (white knuckled) in the back. I brought the car to the service dept where I bought the car and was stopped in my tracks when they gave me a $700 bill to fix a roller ball something in the door. I paid $30000 for this car and I cant close the stinking door. This is an outrage. My warranty was up in miles only not in years. The door is not a wear item as in the drivetrain and should be working safely. I will never buy another Honda again and am trading this in for a Toyota. Sorry Honda. I am also going to request to the better business bureau that this vehicle have a safety recall to address this serious problem.

- , N. Andover, MA, USA

Dec 042006

Odyssey EX V6

We've had similar issues with the sliders - I hate these doors! I haven't bothered to bring it in because we are past our 3yr warranty (ugh!!) and it doesn't do it all of the time, so I know they won't be able to duplicate the issue. Sometimes we have to pull the doors very hard to force them to close, and then they just start working again. I'm ready to chuck the van now at only 52,000 miles. Too bad.

- , Fitchburg, MA, USA

Oct 282007

Odyssey LX V6

I own a 2003 Honda Odyssey and we have had problems with the sliding door since 40,000 miles. The door fails to lock/shut all the way. It appears to close and lock but the door keeps beeping. Also sometimes it will close all the way but doesn't lock and you have to open and close the door again. We have taken this in on three separate occasions and it never does it for them. This is a real pain in the ass and Honda wants to charge an arm and a leg just to test it. We are still under warranty, luckily got the extended warranty but sill no fix yet. Pain in the ass I'm buying a Toyota next time.

- , Cedar Rapids, IA, USA