4.7

2003 Honda Odyssey accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Honda Odyssey:

2003 Honda Odyssey Owner Comments

May 052007

Odyssey LX

Have the option in my steering wheel controls to change the volume up and down or to change the channels in my car for my radio. Around 2007 (it could've been earlier) I had noticed that my control for this was acting up and wouldn't work right. I had taken it to my dealership and they told me that many other customers had come in with the same issue. The only way to fix it was to take the steering wheel apart, replace the wires and to check under the air bag to see if there was a connection problem. It would cost. I think at the time. about $800.

This was a safety feature for people, to change the channels on the radio without taking your hands off the steering wheel and also the volume control. I told them forget it, I don't have that kind of money to spend while I'm still paying on my car loan. I still think that Honda should've covered this as a recall since so many people were coming in with the same complaint as me.

- , Chesapeake, VA, USA

Jan 012005

Odyssey EX 6 cyl

started intermitently switching channels when we increased or decreased the volume of the stereo using the steering wheel volume control. Never happened at shop and dealer was unable to reproduce. So, Honda would not pay for a repair even though we had a 100k mi extended warranty. Still have issue today. Annoying!

- , Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Sep 132007

Odyssey EX-L 6 cyl

Electrical system blew a fuse for no apparent reason, then the 12vdc outlet stopped working and now the radio controls on the steering wheel are jumbled up (up volume changes station; down volume button increases volume!). Not major issues but the 12 vdc outlet is of course needed to charge cell phones and for XM radio.

See other Honda complaints (tranny, engine & rear window). VERY DISAPPOINTED with this vehicle.

- , Suwanee, GA, USA