2.4

2003 Honda Odyssey steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Honda Odyssey:

2003 Honda Odyssey Owner Comments

Nov 082016

Odyssey

The contact owns a 2003 Honda Odyssey. The contact stated that the steering wheel locked up and the key became stuck in the ignition. The contact stated that the local dealer did not want to repair the ignition and stated that the repair would not be done for free. The manufacturer stated that the VIN was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 12V273000 (electrical system, ignition switch). The failure mileage was unknown.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

Apr 222015

Odyssey 6-cyl

Was driving my wife and 4 small children to Decatur, al from huntsville, al to the riverwalk and out of nowhere started feeling a small shake and then very noticeable frightening full vehicle shaking which startled my family and frightened myself, I really thought we were about to have a wreck. Let off the accelerator and it started to not be so violent in the shaking, and then accelerated slightly again and there it was again, and I believe it may be the transmission. I am not a mechanic but upon doing some recent research I see that it is either failed rear or motor mounts or even the tranny what ever that means. But if it is a failed defect then they should address this because this is disturbing and unsafe to me, and my family never made it to the riverwalk. Why do we pay so much for a vehicle and then can not get any help other than funds we hardly have?

- Huntsville, AL, USA

Dec 072011

Odyssey 6-cyl

I pulled into my garage and stopped my van. I turned the key to the off position without realizing I had not yet shifted into park. I was able to remove the key from the ignition while the vehicle was still in drive. I have been able to replicate this issue several times, each time being able to remove the key from the ignition while the vehicle is still in drive. I have been fully stopped with my foot on the brake each time.

- Omaha, NE, USA

Aug 012009

Odyssey

2003 Honda Odyssey ignition switch: We can remove the key without putting the vehicle in park problem has existed for at least 1 year. Vehicle does not appear to be covered by a recall for this problem (per Honda recall lookup by VIN), but npr reports that Honda has recalled some 1.4 million vehicles for this problem, including minivans (www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyid=129085652 ) it seems likely that our vehicle model & year should be included in the recall, but is not.

- Lubbock, TX, USA

Sep 142008

Odyssey

The contact owns a 2003 Honda Odyssey. When driving over 52 mph the vehicle shimmies violently. The vehicle was taken to a Honda dealer numerous times, but the failure has not been remedied. The manufacturer was notified, but she was referred back to the dealer. The failure mileage was 65,000. The current mileage was 82,800.

- Massapequa, NY, USA

Apr 292005

Odyssey

2003 Honda Odyssey experiencing problems with the steering. The dealer was unable to find a problem with the vehice and concluded that everything was normal.

- Unknown, DC, USA

Jun 052003

Odyssey

The steering wheel wandered left to right in traffic, due to a failed mechanism.

- Joliet, IL, USA