1. new transmisson (2 reports)
2003 Honda Odyssey transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Honda Odyssey:

2003 Honda Odyssey Owner Comments

Mar 152007

Odyssey LX

I purchased a 2003 Honda odyssey used 2/2007 since day one the van rolls backwards in drive and forward in re erase if on an incline. I was told by the dealership that is normal not when it keeps rolling until you hit the brake. This van has been nothing but trouble since day one. I would never again buy a Honda this one is nothing but JUNK and Jones Junction and Belair Honda did nothing. The dealerships wouldn't do anything to fix it. I have way to many problems to list ignition, locks ,engine doors the list goes on and on.

- , Edgewood, MD, USA

Nov 232012

Odyssey LX-L 3.5L

Until last friday I would have told anyone how good I thought Honda vehicles are. That has changed. Not only have I changed my opinion about their vehicles but now have changed my opinion of Honda the company. The transmission wouldn't go into gear when I attempted to start up while sitting a light. It wouldn't engage until I put it in park then would rev up(slipping horribly) when I put it back in gear. I could have been stranded in the middle of an intersection with the possiblity of a collison.

I called Honda "customer service" (that's a joke) and got a case # with the promise of a return call on Monday. I called them back on Tuesday and talked to the "case manager" who informed me that the warrranty had expired and that I needed to take the car to Honda dealer to make sure I got factory parts(????), the same factory parts that had failed in the vehicle already. For me that was just adding insult to injury. Honda sold a product that had approximately 5 years of data showing the trasmission to be defective.

For me Honda was/is on trial and they have shown me that their customer committment is ZERO.

My wife has wanted a CRV for some time and that was to be our next purchase- no more.

I wouldn't buy another Honda because I don't trust the company. The cars aren't great but are SUPPOSED to be dependable.

- , Corinth, TX, USA

Jul 132011

Odyssey EX 3.5L V6

there is a clunk sound with a jerk when shift to drive and reverse. also hard jerk shifting when driving and start changing gears engine light is on, also the traction light comes on at times and go off.

- , Bp, CT, USA