2004 Honda Odyssey accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Honda Odyssey:

2004 Honda Odyssey Owner Comments

Apr 152011

Odyssey EX V6

click to see larger images

burning smell/smoke from factory stereo burning smell/smoke from factory stereo burning smell/smoke from factory stereo

I start my Van and get ready to leave my gym parking lot and all of a sudden my factory installed radio starts to spew smoke out of the tape deck opening.

Worried about my safety, I make sure everything is turned off and remove my keys from the ignition. I just thank god that my 6 year old twins weren't in the vehicle because it would have scared them.

I always thought my Honda Odyssey was a safe Van but apparently I was wrong.

I notified Honda Corporation and spoke to Yolanda and all she could say is that the car wasn't covered under the extended warranty anymore and just investigating the problem would cost me money or another tidbit of advice was to report it to my insurance company.

I spoke to my local honda dealer and the service manager was no help either he quoted me $90 just to investigate why there was smoke.

This is unacceptable treatment for a obvious safety issue with this Factory installed part.

I don't care if the car was ten years old and I didn't have an extended warranty. Honda as a company should be more concerned with the clients that purchase their products and have the electrical problem in their stereos investigated and recall the stereos.

there is not any reason why I should have to be concerned that my radio is going to catch on fire just listening to the radio.

- , Santa Clarita, CA, USA