2004 Honda Odyssey body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Honda Odyssey:

2004 Honda Odyssey Owner Comments

Aug 012013

The paint is now peeling off the car. It should not do that.

- Houston, TX, USA

May 312009

A passenger in the car was bringing the window down. The passenger window dropped into the door, just fell down into the door with a loud noise. The window did not shatter but the window would not roll up. We took the car in for service. The door had to be taken apart to fix the window. Also, we replaced the passenger door and driver door electronic control units. The first time, the window did not work. The second time both units were replaced, the window can now be controlled from the passenger side, but not the driver side. Since then, a number of other Honda Odyssey (2003-2005) having this exact issue have surfaced. This seems like a manufacturing issue and should be fixed by the dealer not the consumer.

- Apex, NC, USA

Jul 172013

Odyssey 6-cyl

Paint is falling off the vehicle. Even wind on the highway is making it fall off.

- Pittsfield, MA, USA

Sep 182013

Drivers side top sliding door track is coming loose the spot welds are braking loose from the body. The sliding door is a little lose. I am concerned that it will brake loose completely and the door will fall off while we are driving. This is a 2004 Honda Odyssey LX. I have called Honda directly but they say that I have to visit a dealer first before they will decide anything.

- Sandy , UT, USA

Dec 022013

Odyssey 6-cyl

I was entering an 4way and it was my way to clear to enter, when a driver on my right side enter after I had allready entered the intersection and was well underway. The other driver complain that he was blinded by the sun and ran into me on my right side of van. My insurance asked if my airbags had opened they didn't. the passenger door was damaged and the back side sliding door was completely damaged and was not able to open it and the opened door ding would not stop ringing. I am concerned why the bag didn't opened?

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Feb 152014

Odyssey 6-cyl

Have owned this oddysey since 2008 and the vehicle at that time had around 40,000 miles. At that time I had to replace the front engine mount. Las week I went to the dealer for 90K service and they tell me I need to replace both the front right and front middle mount again!!!. so these mounts last 40 to 50K miles at max, outrageous for a brand like Honda. I will cost me now 800$ to replace these 2.

- Portland, OR, USA

Aug 252010

Odyssey 6-cyl

I started leasing Honda Odyssey 2004 from Honda dealership in April 2004 for 3 years, has not any problem with vehicle in that period (warranty period). I bought after lease and all problems started. 1): radio stopped working, Honda replaced "free" because I bought additional 2 year warranty with $100 deductible, 2): Back side window also stopped on open position, Honda fixed for $100 deductible, (past 4 years both side windows doesn't work), 3): (one of major problems for blue color Odyssey's this year), paint started peeling from hood, roof, under glass of both side sliding doors, around back both side windows and whole paint on tailgate, Honda covered only hood, roof and around back both side windows, when asked to paint rest of places they said don't have instruction about other spots from Honda (its was very funny, like: "doctor know better, are you dead or alive"), now Honda offers me for paint it with discounted price. 4) transmission fails, couldn't get any gear until resetting from hole top of steering will, changing trans oil didn't resolve this problem (this what mechanic told me) in Honda dealership 5) in 2011 on scheduled oil change mechanic told me to change all engine mounts and front shocks for $2500, hydraulic engine mount got leak and broke other mounts, I bought all engine mounts and front shocks for $700 and changed my SRS electronic control unit....I guess its too many defects and problems for this car....btw I'm a first and only owner of this Odyssey and got only 96K miles on it....

- Overland Park, KS, USA

May 172013

Odyssey 6-cyl

Two several sections of paint started peeling off without corrosion or scratch. Areas affected: Hood, roof, near the back windows and sliding doors. The peeling are major on the roof. This seems a known issue with the dark blue Honda Odyssey. I took it to the dealer but said because it's 9 years old they weren't obligated to fix it.

- Germantown, MD, USA

May 162013

The contact owns a 2004 Honda Odyssey. The contact stated that while driving 65 mph, the hood became detached from the latch and crashed into the windshield, destroying the glass. The vehicle was towed to a dealer for diagnosis and the contact was informed that the windshield and the hood would need to be replaced. The contact was also advised that the roof would need repairing. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The vehicle had not been repaired. The failure and current mileage was 168,000.

- Belchertown, MA, USA

Jun 062012

Odyssey 6-cyl

Two sections of paint started peeling off of the hood, abouth the size of softballs. This is a known issue with the dark blue Honda Odyssey. I took it to the dealer, thry acknowledged the issue but said because it's 9 years old they werent obligated to fix it. ## VIN passed ## 2004 Honda Odyssey ##

- Harrisburg, NC, USA

Mar 272012

Odyssey 6-cyl

Parked car in parking lot--backed into spot--put into park?--shut off engine/removed key and exited vehicle/locked door and went into store--was informed within 5 minutes car had rolled approx' 50 feet into friends pickup left front[driver side] had smashed into right rear of truck-no damage to trk--my car actually in reverse when key removed and engine stopped.

- Glendale, MO, USA

Dec 222008

Odyssey 6-cyl

Check engine light on and tcs light flashing. Diagnosis code P0740 indicates: Torque converter lockup malfunction.vehicle will not shift into the highest gear at freeway speed, shudders when accelerating at approx 20 mph and gas mileage has decreased significantly. Determined that there is internal slipping requiring a new transmission. Seatbelts do not retract and get caught in doors. Several areas of body have midnight blue paint peeling.

- Seabrook, TX, USA

Oct 282011

Odyssey 6-cyl

About 2 years ago, the window actuator failed on the passenger side, I paid to repair this. Over the last 6 months, another 4 actuators have failed. One of them is the lock actuator on passenger side, second is the lock actuator on left sliding door, another is the window actuator on driver side and the actuator for driver side door lock. The problems of this magnitude are a serious safety issue as the window actuator on driver side suddenly failed while driving and was scary as the window just fell into the door. The other actuators failing with locks and doors can be a serious problems, especially with children in the vehicle where the window or door suddenly opens or closes. This seems to be an electrical component problem that need to be addressed by a national recall.

- Manteca, CA, USA