7.6

2. defective latch (2 reports)
  3. remove the fuse and door works (1 reports)
2005 Honda Odyssey body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Honda Odyssey:

2005 Honda Odyssey Owner Comments

Feb 052013

Odyssey EX V6

The power door on the passenger side only works a few times after removing the fuse. It is not even listed as power sliding door. I had to find the location of the fuse on the net. I am not the only owner in the world with this issue. Honda needs to recall this vehicle. I will never buy a Honda after this one. This is my second Odyssey and I am DONE, NEVER AGAIN. I tell my friends to buy AMERICAN made vehicles from now on. I was a loyal customer, not now. I am going to buy a FORD as my next vehicle.WAKE UP HONDA and FIX THE ISSUE, I CAN'T EVEN TRADE IT IN, WITH A FAULTY DOOR!

- , Plano, IL, USA

Feb 222011

Odyssey EX 3.5L

First the power steering pump, then the passenger sliding door, now the driver's side sliding door. We bought the part for $227.67 hoping my husband can install it himself. He got on the internet to find out how to do it and stumbled upon this complaint site. Boy do we have a lot to complain about. 2 Steering pumps, two sliding doors, batteries, back wiper blade motor.

- , Newport, NY, USA

Jun 022010

Odyssey Touring 3.2L V6

About 1 month after I bought the car, and 1000 miles over its warranty, the passenger sliding door stopped closing all the way. It would still try and shut and the front latch would hold, but the rear latch would close for about 2 seconds and then release. In the middle of a 5000 mile roadtrip no less. No Honda dealer has been able to tell me what the definitive problem is. It also killed my battery completely because the van would act as if door were open the entire time. I live far from any dealership so I've taken to several knowledgeable mechanics and even through using ALLDATA, they've been unable to find the specific problem. They called a Honda Dealership and were told that I had to bring it to them because they had a special computer that would tell them right away. I will be traveling there in 2 weeks because this has gone on for long enough.

- , Monticello, UT, USA

Sep 012009

Odyssey EX

After 3 years of use the sliding doors on both sides starting to act up. Not closing, not locking, not opening, you name it. Repairs included replacing motors, latches, cranks and roller bearings and I had it in the dealership so often that they asked me if I wanted a part time job. Thank heavens I got the extended warranty and some of it was covered but even so I still spent $700.00 out of my own pocket just for the doors so far.

- , Oakville, Ontario, Canada

Jul 012008

Odyssey LX

Looking for a do it yourself fix. The sliding doors don't latch all the way. They open and close enough to make the light on the dash come on and off while driving. I have noticed the last 3 times that i have issues with the doors it has been when the ABS and VSA lights come on the dash. Does anyone know how to fix the ABS/VSA issue so the doors hopefully will stop having an issue.

- , Port Huron, MI, USA

Feb 232009

Odyssey

I am having problems with the sliding door. Is there an option besides taking it to the dealer?

Update from May 26, 2009: This door problem turned out not to be electrical at all! It was a defective door latch. We took it to a Honda dealer and they diagnosed it to be the latch and quoted us $500 to fix it. Ugh!!!! That's ton of money. We went to back to our auto body repair shop (since it wasn't electrical) and asked if they could fix it and they did for $230- parts & labor. We just had it done this morning but so far it's working great!!!! Dealer service needs to be wiped out. That is a rip off!

- , Dixon, IL, USA

Feb 012009

Odyssey LT 3.5L

I have an awesome 05 Honda Odyssey but the driver side sliding door has the problem. When I close the door just enough for the electric door closer to catch. The door closes and the with in a few seconds the door ajars (will not close). Is there any one out there with the same problem that I am having. Of course this happens just after my warranty runs out.

- , Davis Junction, Illinois, USA

Jul 012008

Odyssey EX 3.2L V6

In July 2007 my passenger door started having problems opening and shutting. After going through the usual "adjustments" at 2 dealerships and duplicating the problem numerous times at the dealer I finally got a motor replaced along with a few minor parts in November 2007. Through the cold winter months (reno, nv) my door never malfunctioned. As soon as the weather warmed up the problem returned. I have dealt with the service manager and corporate Honda. My case is continuing and still "open" so I have not had to pay for anything. I simply want my door to work! I can say confidently that the local dealer would fix it, however, they do not know how. They have seen the door malfunction, acknowledge it is a problem, but nobody at tech support, corporate Honda or locally know how to fix it. The problem: when pushing the remote/interior button/or pulling the handle the door will try to open (you hear the motor) but then beep and remain shut. It takes 1-4 more tries and it will make a popping noise and finally open. When stuck open, you will hear the motor trying to engage but then it will beep and remain open. It takes 1-4 more tries to close, sometime lunging forward in the process. If anyone knows what needs to be done, please help!

- , Reno, NV, USA

Apr 292008

Odyssey Touring

One of the power doors in the 2005 Touring has proven to be a real pain. It started when the door panel was put together incorrectly at the assembly plant, causing paint wear on the side of the vehicle. They fixed this and buffed out the scratches under warranty but it also started misbehaving. The issue is that it doesn't always reliably close, it kicks back open at odd times. 3 different dealers have had a look, each offers an opinion "needs adjusting", or "couldn't reproduce", but it's still not fixed. They charged me $100 for the last adjustment and it didn't fix the problem.

We'll be dumping the 2005 Touring at some point in the future, I would probably not buy another Honda Odyssey, we also had bad luck with a 1999 LX (transmission, air conditioning).

- , Monroe, WA, USA

Aug 272007

Odyssey Cheaper

At random (about 10 times since 7/05 purchase), door behind driver will refuse to latch (manual door, not power). After 30 to 60 minutes of trying with lots of WD40, it will latch again.

Honda looked at it with no action on first return, and adjusted door on second return after a year. But a year later, it is still happening.

- , Ausint, TX, USA