2005 Honda Odyssey seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Honda Odyssey:

2005 Honda Odyssey Owner Comments (Page 2 of 4)

Aug 202013

Odyssey

The contact owns a 2005 Honda Odyssey. While driving at any speed, the air bag warning light remained illuminated and displayed a red light intermittently. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The failure mileage was approximately 121,000.

- New Berlin, WI, USA

Feb 012015

Odyssey

Air bag lights comes on intermittently days or weeks apart. No recalls listed for my VIN. Seat belt light does the same thing but much less frequently. Again, no recall listed for my VIN. No outward defects. This concerns me due to many other air bag recalls. This is a family car. It was purchased with the safety of my children in mind. We are not feeling very safe.

- Clovis, CA, USA

Jun 012015

Odyssey

About for the last two months on dash show me an alert of the check air bags. In the begining was on and off, now is stady light with this alert.

- Beacon, NY, USA

Jun 292014

Odyssey

My airbag light would go on and off at times and now it stays on all the time...safety concern!

- Virginia Beach, VA, USA

May 152015

Odyssey

Air bag check light is constantly on. Began with intermittant on/off but now on all the time.

- Vienna, VA, USA

Apr 012014

Odyssey

Air bag light comes on periodically, sometimes stays on for duration of the drive, sometimes goes off. This has been consistent since early 2014. Reported this to dealer when takata recall happened. Dealer says no recall has been issued and offered to diagnose air bag light issue for $90. I have declined this offer. In light of takata recall, and my vehicle's make/model in relation, I don't believe I should have to pay for this service.

- Maumee, OH, USA

Jun 152015

Odyssey

On June 15, 2015 my 2005 Honda Odyssey airbag system light came on and stayed until now, I was scared due to airbag might blown out or causing any trouble while vehicle in use or worst something happen. I took my vehicle to Honda dealer on June 16, and I was told no recalls. They did some diagnose and I was told it was the seat belt buckle and wiring on driver side, the buckle was replace (free of charge), but the wiring cost $550 to have it fix. I refused the service due to no sense and not enough evidence to prove the issue. I did some research and found same issue on same vehicle that has airbag system lights on dashboard. I do believe that the dealer should address this as recall especially if the vehicle never been in accident. Please let me know if there is anything you can do to address this issue. Thanks

- Torrance, CA, USA

Nov 012014

Odyssey

Check airbag light is staying on now. It was coming on and going off but now it stays on all the time. Was hoping that my vehicle would be included in this last recall but it wasn't.

- Frankfort , KY, USA

Feb 022015

Odyssey 6-cyl

Please, just check problem with air bags! air bag indicator light on and off. After two years the light on most of the time and it went off automatically for a while then came back on. I call to american Honda motor Inc. They don't want to create a recall for that because that will be different component fail in that case. They just want to create the recall for each component break down. They not cover the repair cost and depend on which component under warranty then Honda will not charge the parts. Otherwise we need to pay all the repair. I request for the recall for the SRS light on. Because a lot of the owners think that is not important they think just the light is on and keep driving. I was thinking the same way too. That's why I want to request that recall asap for the SRS light on so we will save the people life in advance. The air bag light comes on and stays on intermittently for no apparent reason. Many, many 2005 Honda Odyssey owners are having the same issue. For some reason manufacture year 2005 was not included in the most recent recall? we got the initial letter telling us our air bags would be a recall item in the summer, 2014 but then never received a follow-up letter. Upon investigation on my part I found out that my model year, 2005, air bags did not get recalled. But we are having the same air bag issue and seems like we should have been included on such an important safety matter.

- Massapequa, NY, USA

Nov 032014

Odyssey 6-cyl

Air bag light is on and Honda claims there isn't a recall on my vehicle. I have read all about the defective air bags and I believe this one should be repaired at Honda's cost. I am not sure my vehicle is safe to drive.

- Columbus, IN, USA

Sep 032014

Odyssey 6-cyl

The message "check airbag system" lights up on the dashboard. Initially, it began lighting up more intermittently and then going off, but now it is on nearly all the time. My VIN does not show up as part of the airbag recall that Honda has. It appears there are many other 2005 Odyssey owners who are experiencing this same problem. Please begin an investigation on this problem.

- Bonita Springs, FL, USA

Feb 192015

Odyssey 6-cyl

Air bag warning light goes on and off intermittently for the last few months. Seems like this should be P[art of the air bag recall.

- Glendale, CA, USA

Dec 312014

Odyssey 6-cyl

Airbag sensor light comes on intermittently in dashboard. This is happening from Dec 31st 2014. But not seeing this sensor light all the time in dash board. When I check for Honda recall online with my car VIN#, my car is not showing the recall for airbag's replacement. Please let me know how to get this done with Honda for free of charge.

- Torrance, CA, USA

Nov 132014

Odyssey

Airbag sensor light comes on intermitently.

- Alexandria, VA, USA

May 012014

Odyssey 6-cyl

Our vehicle has a safety recall for the problem we have with our vehicle (NHTSA recall # 05V-344) but our VIN is not included. Since the exact problem we have is part of a recall the make/model/year of our vehicle, we are questioning why our VIN is not included, and questioning whether the recall should be expanded to include other vins (including our number).

- Corvallis, OR, USA

Oct 132014

Odyssey 6-cyl

My fiancÉE, me, and our 3 month old son were involved in a pretty serious roll over October 13th of this year and we had no air bags during the wreck they deployed at a delay hitting me in the head. I had already hit my head on my window shattering and breaking it. After we were upside down the passenger side air bags deployed, then when about a minute or two went by I exited my seat dazed. As I came out my seat I was met by an forgiving blow my side air bags which had not deployed after all this time. I got myself together and got my fiancÉE and child out the car. Honda told me wreck was my fault for improper use of the vsa ok fine but what about the air bags that shouldn't have made them not deploy. The rep was rude and said basically tuff luck and got off the phone as if he did not care it happened I could have died and lost my son due to the air bag issue what if it had went off with me getting him out? the guy said I was not at fault. I didn't know any of the information he tried to provide me after the wreck so now I'm left dealing with a lot of headaches and mental pain and told to let it go. I'm not going to really considering court if no one else will help. It was my fault with the vsa cause I had no manual or nothing so I thought all that time we were operating it right so I take that blame but the air bags no it had nothing to do with how we were hammered after the wreck. Physically and mentally.

- Crystal Springs, MS, USA

Dec 122013

Odyssey 6-cyl

Airbag light keeps coming on; I do not know what causes it; it comes on and goes off without warning.

- Culver City, CA, USA

Sep 232014

Odyssey

The contact owns a 2005 Honda Odyssey. While pulling into a parking space, there was a sudden increase in engine rpms and the vehicle accelerated independently. The vehicle crashed into a fence. The air bags failed to deploy. The contact did not sustain any injuries and a police report was not filed. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The failure mileage was 184,530.

- St Clair Shores , MI, USA

Dec 162013

- Birmingham, AL, USA

Jul 012014

Odyssey 6-cyl

My airbag warning come when am driving my van.

- Rosedale, NY, USA