2.1

2006 Honda Odyssey brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Honda Odyssey:

2006 Honda Odyssey Owner Comments

Oct 152014

Odyssey

My 2006 Honda Odyssey is just out of warranty about 60,000 miles now. Vsa light comes on and stays on. Dealer said vsa modulator bad and need $1400 to fix it. Braking is very soft and need to press pedal at least 200-300 feet away before red light to ensue the full stop. Feel dangerous when driving highspeed on hwy/fwy. I researched and learned the vsa malfunction might cause sudden brake during driving. What will that be if car auto-braked when driving on freeway?

- Old Bridge, NJ, USA

Mar 152014

Odyssey 6-cyl

Engine vibrating violently at speeds of 35-40 mph and when RPM are between 1,500 to 2,000. The possible causes are faulty engine mounts, transmission, or engine. Honda replaced the power steering due to problems. I also replaced the run flat tires with non run flat because the run flat last only 1 year. I want to vibration to be resolved. The vibration appears to be a manufacturer defect according to online Honda owners groups.

- Gilroy, CA, USA

Oct 292013

Odyssey 6-cyl

On my 2006 Odyssey had to replace the front brakes at around 19,000 miles due to shaking of the car when braking. Recently at 34,000 miles the vsa warning light came on, took it to my local Honda dealership and it was diagnosed that the vsa modulator needs to be replaced and that it's dangerous to drive the minivan. A quick search on the internet reveals that the vsa is a common issue. I question the quality of such an important piece of equipment and the high price to replace, over $1000. With such low mileage such parts should not go bad. I see that Honda issued a recall for a vsa issue but for 2007-2008 Odyssey. I believe it should include all years.

- San Francisco, CA, USA

Jun 132013

Odyssey 6-cyl

I am the owner of a 06 Honda Odyssey which I bought with alittle over 35000 miles. I just took van in for service and got the bad news it needs motor mounts! had to laugh to myself thinking the dealer was full of it. No way could a vehicle with low miles possibly need motor mounts! so did some online research and found there are a tons of people having the same issue. There obviously is a bad design if so many people are having this issue. Of course when you call Honda they deny that the problem even exist! someone needs to hold the company accountable! there is a great deal of danger for our family's sake! the sad truth is it will take several families before Honda acknowledges it was a bad design!

- Columbia City, IN, USA