7.3

2006 Honda Odyssey miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Honda Odyssey:

2006 Honda Odyssey Owner Comments

Feb 282008

Odyssey 6-cyl

2006 Honda Odyssey with a broken air conditioning condenser, which was blowing cold air at all settings. Consumer states that dealer stated that this replacement would not be covered by warranty. Dealer stated that it was a road hazard failure. The consumer stated the condenser was damaged by a rock.

- Covington, LA, USA

Jul 102007

Odyssey 6-cyl

We own a 2006 Honda Odyssey and a 2004 Honda Accord. The 2006 Honda Odyssey's air conditioning stopped working. We took it to the local dealership and were informed that it was a hole in our A/C condenser. We were told it would be around $700 to repair and was not covered by warranty. I discovered that the A/C condenser is exposed at the bottom of the bumper in the opening of the bumper. I proceeded to tell the dealer that this is a design issue and should be taken care of. The dealer told me to contact american Honda because that is out of their hands. I contacted Honda and after two and half weeks they responded back by saying this is a goodwill and they will cover at half at the warranty rate. I agreed after suffering thru 3 weeks of no A/C in the dead of heat. I started doing some research because my concern stayed the same, this is a design flaw and will happen again. To my surprise this is a very common problem with most later model Honda's. the design must be similar in all of the models, because the CR-V, Odyssey, civic, Accord and so on are having the same issues. Honda needs to step up to the plate and recall these vehicles and put a fix to the grills so the condensers are better protected. It appears everyone is getting the same story from Honda and when you call they act like you are the first to have this happen, when in fact it is becoming a wide spread problem and costing consumer major dollars. This is my third Honda and probably my last after the way the whole situation is going down. Honda is sticking their head in the sand and hoping to ride the storm out. It appears also that dealerships have been rehearsed on what to tell consumers, because it is a common theme when you read other complaints.

- Kokomo, IN, USA

Apr 232007

Odyssey 6-cyl

The grille design on the Honda Accord 2006 causes a rock to come through the grille area and damage the condensor causing it to fail to blow out cold A/C. this vehicle is practically brand new and because of their design the end user is getting screwed over with vehicle fixtures costing me over $1000 to fix this problem. The condensor needs to be replaced, a diagnostic was done and then labor brings this up to $1000 range. This is ridiculous, because of their design they are not taking responsibility for this and the end user has to pay for this; the dealership says this could happen again anytime and then I would be on the hook for it again.

- Brampton, 00, USA

Jan 082007

Odyssey 6-cyl

A/C problem 6 months after purchase. We purchased a new 2006 Honda Odyssey in June 2006, and in December we started having A/C problems. It was diagnosed as having a hole in the A/C condensor which the Honda dealer stated to be caused by a rock. The van had less than 11,000 miles on it, and we purchased an extended warranty when we bought the van. Surely, the original warranty or the extended warranty should cover such a problem, but Honda said no. Being only 6 months old, we find it very frustrating to have to pay for something like this when it appears to be a design flaw by Honda. The A/C condensor is just sitting there exposed to all the elements of the road with no grill in front of it. The american Honda rep agreed to pay half as a "good will gesture". it still cost us $275 for the repair. Lots of others are having the same issue with Honda odesseys as seen on the internet. Honda should be forced to recall these vehicles and install a screen in front of the condensor to protect it, and should be forced to reimburse everyone any money spent to correct this problem.

- Collierville, TN, USA