CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2007-2009 was, at one point, the best selling minivan in the United States. But 2007 owners got the short end of that deal.

Peeling paint, a whining steering pump and an easily breakable A/C condenser are all top complaints about the 2007 model year. And anyone who doesn't think a busted minivan A/C is a big deal has never taken a summer road trip with kids.

2.5

2007 Honda Odyssey fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Honda Odyssey:

2007 Honda Odyssey Owner Comments

Sep 112016

Odyssey

Takata recall, I took my go to walmart to change the engine oil and filter and the guy that changed, notice that the tank was leaking fuel from the top of the tank, I have let me know what was happening so, I decided to took the go with my mechanic. I used a camera to see on the very top of the tank and I saw the fuel leak coming from the top inside of the tank, he said it comes from the pump fuel system, so I see why my full tank doesn't get me the miles that it suppose to get by gallon. That's why we always notice the van that smells like gas and parking when we can see the gas on the floor. I was thinking it was water coming that from the air condition.. I'm worry about the combination of heat and gas that can cause fire. I live in Texas and here the tempeture is really hot.

- Fort Worth, TX, USA

Aug 182016

Odyssey

My vehicle has a strong gassy smell when I start it up. Both my passenger doors have fallen off the hinges while stationery and my check fuel cap light constantly flashes while in motion.

- Fort Walton Beacj, FL, USA

Dec 082015

Odyssey

Main fuel line, leak in engine compartment. Steel fuel line rubber coated, steel had rested allowing raw gas leak. Major fire hasert. Strong gas fumes started coming into cabin when the blower was put on, while driving on street.

- Bradenton, FL, USA

Jul 112015

Odyssey

Was driving on a major highway with my family at 65-70 mph when all of a sudden I lost all power to my van. It was a very dangerous situation, I was lucky enough to coast to the right shoulder, I had the vehicle towed to the nearest dealership where they are now saying it is the fuel pump. There is a recall for the fuel pump (# 14E049000)&(GL14-004). But my VIN# does not show a recall. What can I do?

- Naples , FL, USA

Apr 162014

Odyssey

The contact owns a 2007 Honda Odyssey. The contact stated received NHTSA recall campaign: 14V112000 (fuel system) in April of 2014. The manufacturer was contacted and they stated that the parts were not available. The contact felt that the manufacturer had exceeded a reasonable amount of time to perform the recall repairs. The contact had not experience a failure. The VIN was not available.

- Redington Shores, FL, USA

Aug 202014

Odyssey 6-cyl

I took the vehicle in for the fuel pump recall in July 2014. I don't drive the vehicle daily are much. A month or two later I filled the tank up and noticed the fuel gauge didn't go to "F", so I figured maybe it's not full, that happen two more times and still happening currently and I was not having this problem prior to the recall. The dealership wants me to pay $120 just for them to diagnosis the problem. I don't feel I should have to pay for them to diagnosis a problem I wasn't having prior to the recall. I realize it's months later but I don't drive the vehicle daily or weekly to have to fill the tank up as often.

- La Marque, TX, USA

Oct 122013

Odyssey 6-cyl

While accelerating onto freeway at approximately 45 mph the brakes fully engaged and engine power was lost while my foot was on the accelerator. Speed decreased by about 25mph in just a few seconds. With my foot still on the accelerator engine engaged again and we increased speed to about 45 mph, when the automatic transmission was going to shift into overdrive, the same incident occurred again! power was regained at the same speed about 25 mph. We speeded up to about 45 mph again and this time I looked at the brake pedal. The brakes fully engaged themselves again the brake pedal actually depressed while I had my foot on accelerator only! I then took the overdrive off and put the transmission in D3 mode. The incident didn't occur again while in D3 mode. I was left having to drive on freeway around 55mph scared for my and my families lives! this vehicle self engaged brakes fully three times, while my foot was on accelerated only!

- San Diego, CA, USA