Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2007-2009 was, at one point, the best selling minivan in the United States. But 2007 owners got the short end of that deal.

Peeling paint, a whining steering pump and an easily breakable A/C condenser are all top complaints about the 2007 model year. And anyone who doesn't think a busted minivan A/C is a big deal has never taken a summer road trip with kids.

2007 Honda Odyssey steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Honda Odyssey:

2007 Honda Odyssey Owner Comments (Page 5 of 5)

Aug 222009

2007 Honda Odyssey braking system not working good only less than 10K. Mile steering start shaking and dealer told us it is warp they charge me $99 for resurfacing rotor but after another 10K it come back again and my car steering is getting heavy again even dealer replace that already. I assume that Honda vsa or ABS not working properly some how when Honda lost very important life at highway accidents might they do something on this miserable happen. What kind car need to be resurfacing rotor every 10K mile and even I did that still on highway 70 mile drive steering make shaking and vibrating even it's resurfaced rotor.

- Frisco, TX, USA

Oct 172008

Honda 2007 with broken rack and pinion with a strong hard sound upon steering wheel either to the right or left and leakage of motor oil due to failure of seal gasket. The car dealer is asking permission to american Honda so that part could be replace and it will take 2 weeks for an answer(ridicule) and meanwhile I am driving the vehicle.

- Cidra, PR, USA

May 292009

I own a 2007 Honda Odyssey and have been having problems with my brakes for some time. They feel very soft and "spongy" when I step on them; my foot sinks all the way to the floor. There have been numerous instances where I have almost hit another vehicle because the brakes do not respond. The brakes also grind very hard and sound very loud when I come to a complete stop at the bottom of a hill. Also, when I try to stop or slow the van when traveling at high speeds (such as highway driving), my steering wheel vibrates violently. I have taken the van to the mechanic and have been told that my brake pads are fine (50% front, 60% rear), but that my rotors have worn prematurely. I also had problems with my power steering--I took the van in for service because I had a difficult time maneuvering the van in tight situations (parking)--it turns out that my power steering pump was not operating and needed to be replaced (at 36,267 miles)--267 miles over the Honda new car warranty.

- Pacifica, CA, USA

Mar 102009

Honda Odyssey. After approximately 30 minutes of driving, the power steering pump whines, buzzes or hums. Honda issued a bulletin (Honda service bulletin 07-005 applicable to all 05-07 and some 08 vans) stating the power steering pump reservoir is defective, requiring a new pump, filter and fluid. However, they will only provide replacement if under warranty. My concern is the metal shaving or other particles my impact the steering and cause the driver to loose control.

- Bettendorf, IA, USA

Feb 022008

The contact owns a 2007 Honda Odyssey. While making a left turn at approximately 10 mph on normal road conditions, the contact heard an extremely loud noise coming from the steering column. He experienced difficulty steering the vehicle. There were no warning indicators illuminated on the instrument panel. The vehicle has not been repaired. The VIN and failure mileage were unknown. The current mileage was 48,000.

- Sterling Heights, MI, USA

Feb 012008

Odyssey 6-cyl

Many times, the 2007 Odyssey will pull to the left. I constantly need to fight the steering wheel to keep the car straight. I have almost hit other cars because of the steering problem. I have brought the car to Honda twice and had it aligned twice, had the tires rotated and test driven twice with no help. The car continues to pull to the left. I have read on the internet, that other Odyssey owners have similar complaints.

- Highland Park, IL, USA