CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2007-2009 was, at one point, the best selling minivan in the United States. But 2007 owners got the short end of that deal.

Peeling paint, a whining steering pump and an easily breakable A/C condenser are all top complaints about the 2007 model year. And anyone who doesn't think a busted minivan A/C is a big deal has never taken a summer road trip with kids.

2007 Honda Odyssey wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Honda Odyssey:

2007 Honda Odyssey Owner Comments

Dec 012007

Odyssey

The contact owns a 2007 Honda Odyssey. The contact stated that the front driver's side wheel made a loud noise when the contact was driving at low speeds, turning or parking. The dealer inspected the vehicle several times and advised that there was nothing wrong with the wheel. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 25 and the current mileage was 75,000.

- Yukon , OK, USA

Jul 292011

Odyssey 6-cyl

On the above I was rear ended in two vehicle accident because my Honda Odyssey suddenly stopped. I informed the officer, but the other was charged with the accident. (at fault).

- Ladson, SC, USA

Jun 222012

Odyssey

Front wheel bearing went bad at 40000. Had it replaced at the dealership at cost to me. Dealer said it was the right front that was replaced even though the feel of the problem was felt under the left front driver side. Seems very early for a wheel bearing to go bad. Logging this in case it is a broader issue with this model.

- Belmont, MA, USA

May 262012

Odyssey 6-cyl

Going South on hwy 5 from just outside sacrament, (by freeport) we struck something not visible in the road and the vehicle warned us we had a flat and not to exceed 50 mph. Our minivan was equipped with Michelin pax system run flat tires and no spare. We pulled of the hwy at elk grove and called the local Honda dealer. It was almost 5pm and they said could not help until Tuesday. The manual said we could go 125 miles with a flat tire and our home was less than 60 miles away so we put on the cruise control at 50 mph on hwy 5, then hwy 12 West, and then hwy 160 South. Just North of the antioch bridge the front left tire shredded and we were stranded in the middle of nowhere for over an hour until aaa provided assistance. I contacted Michelin and Honda on Tuesday following and Michelin offered to pay 30% of the cost of a new tire but nothing towards the cost of removing the tire and putting a new one on. Honda offered nothing. I rejected Michelin's offer and they raised it to 50 % and I still rejected it and we have taken the vehicle to a tire store to replace all four wheels and tires because we feel the run flat system is defective and dangerous.

- Antioch, CA, USA

Jul 032011

Odyssey 6-cyl

While driving on the freeway with my two children, the two front wheel bearings of my 2007 Honda Odyssey broke! although I was able to continue to the side of the road, the car was not in any shape to continue. I took my Honda to the original dealer, herb chambers Honda in seekonk Massachusetts. At that time, they mentioned that a broken wheel bearing is extremely dangerous and we should not be driving the vehicle. The technician said that the wheel could lock up or come completely dislodged from the frame. In addition, he assured me that my driving did not cause the break and that is a clear defect in the product. Still, because the car had 61,622 miles, I was charged $700 to fix the bearings. I am asking nets officials to investigate Honda for the wheel bearing failures on all Honda Odyssey minivans for the following reasons: Thousands if not, millions effected - according to thousands of Honda owners on the internet who have experienced the same issue, the wheel bearings break anywhere from 1200K (just off the lot) to 75K. Safety when you continue driving a vehicle with bad bearings, the symptoms will worsen and safety risks increase. The steering wheel will become harder to control. If this happens, navigating and steering will be difficult. A wheel will become loose and move around in the wheel arch, causing damage to hub and brakes. If the wheel remains unstable, it will eventually detach from the vehicle while you are driving. ABS issues - wheel bearings contain sensors that send a signal to the anti-lock braking system (ABS) when the tires spin or skid. Continuing to drive a vehicle with bad bearings can cause its ABS system to fail. When bearings are faulty, the ABS signal light usually appears on the dash indicating the disablement of the ABS system. This generally does not cause any interruptions in regular braking; however, it will suspend the ABS system's aid in emergency situations or while braking on wet or slippery surfaces.

- Mansfield, MA, USA

Apr 142011

Odyssey

The wheel bearings of my 2007 model year Honda Odyssey failed while driving with my family in the highway (loud humming/grinding noise). My research has shown that the wheel bearings are failing at all mileage ranges in all 2005 and 2007 model years Honda Odyssey (15K, 30K, 45K, 70K and 80K). This is clearly a safety matter that can cause a crash and/or death to the driver and/or passengers if the wheel bearing or bearings come off the vehicle. This is a very popular family vehicle is the United States and Honda have sold millions of Honda Odyssey in this country. The Honda dealer service advisor communicated to me that the front wheel of my Honda Odyssey was in danger of coming off (this is safety matter). I repaired the vehicle at the dealer and it cost me over $1000 to replace the left front and rear wheel bearings of my vehicle. Furthermore, the wheel alignment needed to be done by the dealer technician after the wheel bearings were replaced on my vehicle. I asked Honda to cover the cost of the repair and Honda headquarters customer service department declined to pay because my vehicle was out warranty. According to Honda the wheel bearings come with 5 years or 60,000 miles warranty. My vehicle was over that limit. I am asking NHTSA officials to investigate Honda for the wheel bearing failures on all Honda Odyssey minivans. I have been a loyal Honda customer for years. I take my Honda vehicles to only Honda dealers for services and for Honda to decline the reimbursement for a clear safety matter is not right. I truly hope Honda headquarters in torrance, California does the right thing and makes the right decision in supporting its loyal customers and continue standing behind its vehicles and products by recalling the Honda Odyssey minivans before NHTSA starts an investigation. In conclusion, this is a safety matter that Honda must address by recalling the wheel bearings before any one gets in an accident or crash.

- Tampa, FL, USA

Apr 012011

Odyssey

Driving on a highway with my family in my Honda Odyssey and the front and rear left wheel bearing started to make humming noise to the point that it was too loud to drive. I did some research and it seems that Honda Odyssey minivans are known for the bearing problems. This is a safety matter that NHTSA should know about.

- Tampa, FL, USA

Dec 302010

Odyssey 6-cyl

After installing new set of 4 tires for my Honda Odyssey and have the tires balance and align by professional goodyears service mechanics. I can feel the mini van keep pulling to the left pretty fast and dangerously. I talk to the wheel shops manager, and there is nothing they can do since the wheel alignment is fine. After looking at this issues online, I see lots of people who own 2007 Honda Odyssey have the same issues and turn out to be issues with the factory installed spring and strut that need to be aligned and fixed. I almost got into an accident due to the car sudden turn to the left without any kind of warning on hwy 85.

- San Jose, CA, USA

Jan 262009

Odyssey

Grinding noise coming from the front wheels was very audible in the cabin. Took the vehicle in once and dealership advised there was nothing wrong with the vehicle. Six months later the grinding noise got worse. Took it in a second time and this time they told me the front wheel bearings were bad. Vehicle only has 15K miles so it was covered under warranty.

- El Paso, TX, USA