3.8

2010 Honda Odyssey body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Honda Odyssey:

2010 Honda Odyssey Owner Comments

Oct 042016

Odyssey

The front door detents are not strong enough, and they will allow the door to close by itself. If you are on an incline, or it is a windy day, this is especially dangerous for younger children, and myself, when getting in or out of the vehilce. Of note, Honda uses the same detent, with the same part number, on a civic, which has a much smaller and lighter door, as it does on the Odyssey, which has a much larger door. I currently own a 2003 Chrysler van, and a 1998 BMW, and neither of which have this problem. And for that matter, none of the other cars I have owned have had this problem. The solution is a simple redesign of the door detent to account for the heavier Odyssey door. One size does not fit all. Also of note, I did replace the door detent, and the new detent is as bad as the old detent. A redesign is required.

- North Potomac, MD, USA

May 122016

Fuel smell, fuel leak.

- Pittsburgh, PA, USA

Sep 012015

Odyssey

The contact owns a 2010 Honda Odyssey. The contact stated that while parked and attempting to remove an object from the trunk, the object was found to be wet and molded. Upon further investigation, the contact noticed that the whole rear of the vehicle and the rear headliner were wet. The vehicle was taken to a dealer and diagnosed that the seams that meet the roof rails were separating. The vehicle was repaired however, the failure recurred. The vehicle was taken to the dealer several times for the failure. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 68,000.

- Conyers, GA, USA

Oct 212015

Odyssey

The nylon guide rollers on the passenger sliding door broke. These rollers apparently contribute to keeping the door up and inside the guide rail. This caused the door to drop and be suspended by the motorized cable that opens/closes the door and cantilevered off of the bottom guide. This happened after being parked and actuating the door. There was a sound of the nylon guides cracking and the slider hitting the body panel. The vehicle has 62,000 miles on it. I consider it unsafe that the door became unusable and would not return closed unless unbolted and pushed in. It then did not latch and had to be chained/tied down. The Honda dealership repaired the door. The Honda dealership and I must have had a communication issue. It was characterized in the itemized statement differently than my verbal discussions with them about the issue. It was written up as a door jam. However, the service person was quite familiar with the issue I experienced and said it was not uncommon. I was advised if the door became completely detached to go to a body shop first. My instance was not that severe.

- Wadsworth, OH, USA

Sep 192015

Odyssey

Similar to campaign id # 12V062000 (for older 2008-09 Odyssey), the tailgate on my 2010 Odyssey has failed without any warning. Opening it via electrical buttons (in-car dashboard or remote buttons) results in the tailgate raising, bouncing up and down, then closing right back down. Opening it manually produces additional resistance to opening that wasn't there before the failure; then the tailgate refuses to stay up in the open position and slams down with additional force that can hurt an adult, and seriously injure a child. Based on campaign id # 12V062000, suspected failure points are the tailgate gas-filled struts. Video of the failure mode is posted on youtube here: Https://www.youtube.com/watch?V=8J54vwbcmag

- Summit, NJ, USA

Jan 132014

Odyssey 6-cyl

Tail lights are susceptible to water penetration which will eventually short out the tail lights. This applies to the portion of the tail light which is attached to the rear hatch door. Water accumulates in the white part of the lens which is at the bottom of the tail light in 201 van (I.e., the back up lights). There is apparently a design or manufacturing defect in the sealed light system. I have had the gasket on the left tail light replaced in my 2010 Odyssey due to water penetration & collection. The problem has returned and the dealer confirmed nothing is wrong with the gasket.

- Vilas, NC, USA

Oct 012012

Odyssey 6-cyl

The sliding door mechanism makes a rough, grinding sound. Have tried to lubricate them, but does not seem to help. Have owned previous Odyssey and they never sounded this bad.

- Waterford, WI, USA

Feb 012014

Odyssey 6-cyl

For the second time the rear passenger sliding door would not lock closed and the warning tone sounded. When I took it into the dealer for repair he said that the air bags could deploy if it wasn't fixed. The door latch had to be replaced. I am 71 years old and the door is very seldom used by my wife and I. I am concerned about the fact that the door could have come loose and deployed the air bags while I was driving. I'd like to know if this is happening to other Honda vehicles. I do have the old part if that would help.

- Whitehouse, OH, USA

Apr 142013

Odyssey

The contact owns a 2010 Honda Odyssey. The contact stated that the rear passenger's side automatic door failed to close and latch. The rear passenger side door would open independently immediately after being closed. The failure recurred intermittently. The contact also stated that the front passenger's seat belt failed to disengage intermittently. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who was unable to duplicate the failures. The failure was not reported to the manufacturer. The failure mileage was 50,000. The current mileage was 55,000.

- Port Mary , NJ, USA

Jul 142012

Odyssey 6-cyl

We purchased a 2010 braun entervan in late 2011. It was new with 17 miles. We noticed water collecting under front seats at about 15000 miles. It was rusting our seat anchors which could lead to failure in a crash. It also has persistent steering problems and tire wearing at 15000 miles. It was returned to braun for repair because we insisted and worked closely with the braun corporation. They attempted repairs but returned to us with more issues and a continued steering problem.this was their first year doing a Honda entervan conversion and they have offered a $5000 supplement toward a trade. Our local dealer has led us to believe he would trade but will not follow through, I firmly believe he does not want this vehicle back. He said it was a junk deal. It was good enough for him to sell us. I believe this braun Honda entervan 2010 model may need a formal recall. Some handicapped people may not be removing the front seats to notice these water problems and possible mold when the carpet remains wet. I also have concerns that carbon monoxide could be entering the vehicle if water can get in close to the firewall. We believe during the conversion something got out of alignment causing excessive tire wear and steering problems, . I have kept all documentation and have photos of the rusted anchors and the water puddling and even frozen in the winter.

- Greenbrier, TN, USA

Feb 012011

Odyssey

On at least 2 occasions, the passenger side door failed to unlock even when using multiple methods to unlock it. Even when the knob on the door was lifted manually, the door would not unlock and open. After trying different things (key fob, auto door unlock button, manually lifting the locking knob), it finally opened. We thought it was just a glitch when someone tried to open the door at the same time that the door unlock button was pushed, but since reading a report of a similar incident on an Odyssey, there may be a problem with the locking mechanism. Once the knob was lifted manually, the door should have opened regardless.

- Broken Arrow , OK, USA