2010 Honda Odyssey engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Honda Odyssey:

2010 Honda Odyssey Owner Comments

Aug 112016

Purchased this van 03/24/16.. while driving on highway, the check engine light came on, I pulled over check the dip stick and there was but a drop of oil in it...I took a taxi to the nearest gas station bought 3 bottles of oil and I added 2 quarts of oil that day, I had called 2 days prior to make an appointment for an oil change and they told me I should wait till its at 15%(it was at 30% when I called) then 2 days in the light came on... I didn't drive the van after I got home till the date of the appointment 08/18/16, the dealer service dept. Telling me that they are going to place the van on a oil consumption test and I must check the oil levels each time I fill up at the gas station.. and return after 1000 miles ( basically I hear drive until the engine brakes an then it will cost you to fix or replace cause your at fault) an engine should be using oil and the dealer should know where the oil is going, don't tell me its normal to burn at least a quart of oil its not**** I know about vehicles... then to clear the check engine light they say I have to pay for an software update (4 mths after buying this van) and I have a 2 year warranty for this van... to much deceit with these dealers

- Laurelton, NY, USA

May 122016

Fuel smell, fuel leak.

- Pittsburgh, PA, USA

May 232016

(1) air conditioning failed, (2) excessive oil consumption (3) poor mileage (extremely rough running. All occur when the vehicle is operating (in motion).

- North Manchester, IN, USA

Mar 202016

Traveling in motion at 40mph than a sudden acceleration of engine and speed. Very difficult to stop with brakes. Honda Odyssey was put on neutral than brakes were applied to stop vehicle. My vehicle was on a secondary rode at the time of sudden acceleration. We called aaa to pick up our Honda Odyssey and took it to our local mechanic for the rest of the day.

- Keene, NH, USA

Jun 012015

Odyssey 6-cyl

Letter from senator burr on behalf of constituent re 2010 Honda Odyssey van V-6 engine disappearing oil (attn: Beverly gillon).

- Clemmons, NC, USA

Mar 262015

Odyssey 6-cyl

Unexpected sudden acceleration while parking.

- Somerset, NJ, USA

Feb 172015

Stopped vehicle at a stoplight that was red. Had foot on the brake. Noticed that the engine wanted to rev up and take off. Applied brake pressure harder to keep the vehicle from lurching out into oncoming vehicle. Threw the gear selector into neutral. Engine no longer went into acceleration and back to normal. I made sure that there was not any floor mat or something on the accelerator to cause this problem. This is the second time this has happened with this vehicle. I will be taking the vehicle into Honda to see what they say.

- Fort Wayne, IN, USA

Nov 142014

Odyssey 6-cyl

Engine mounts have failed prematurely. Engine moves and jolts car every time you come to a stop or when accelerating from a stopped position. This motion was first noticed around 72,000 miles and continued to get worse over time. Have seen online that many other Honda Odyssey drivers have experienced this problem between 65,000 and 80,000 miles driven. This is a part that shouldn't fail this early and is very expensive to fix.

- South San Francisco, CA, USA

Oct 282014

Odyssey 6-cyl

While driving on the freeway the check engine light illuminated, 10/28/2014. I took the vehicle to the dealer where they advise the dtc code P3497. They advised that the rocket arm bank, oil pressure switch, needed to be replaced on both sides. I had the vehicle repaired. A prior incident occurred on 01/15/2014 where the check engine light illuminated while driving on the freeway. I took the vehicle to the dealer where they advised the dtc code P3400. They advised that the oil pressure switch was faulty. I had the vehicle repaired.

- Morgan Hill, CA, USA

Aug 052013

Odyssey 6-cyl

Was driving at highway speed when engine encountered a severe rough idles and lost power. Check engine light started flashing and vehicle stability & traction control failure lights also illuminated. Honda dealer proximate to incident diagnosed as fouled spark plug related to cylinder deactivation system in car. Internet research indicates that this is a known and common occurrence with Honda cars having a V6 engine with cylinder deactivation.

- Wauwatosa, WI, USA

Feb 102013

Our 2010 honday Odyssey has rolled backward while the transmission was in "park" twice. The first time we thought it was a fluke as it rolled 'only' about 18 inches. The second time the van was again in "park", and the keys were out of the ignition, a few hours later a neighbor came to inform us that the van had rolled into the street/alley which is approximately 7 feet from the original parking spot. The van is parked in an almost flat location, the "incline" of the driveway is standard rain run-off grade so less than 2% approximately.

- Highland Park, IL, USA

Jan 032011

Engine consumes to much oil, the variable cylinder engine needs to be turn off and allow to run on all 6 cylinders.

- Stanley, NC, USA