2011 Honda Odyssey body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Honda Odyssey:

2011 Honda Odyssey Owner Comments

Apr 012016

8 months ago while vehicle was park, rain came inside the van behind rear view mirror down through the radio.04/01/16 while driving(highway) in the rain water again came inside the van behind the rear view mirror.talked to service tech. She stated this a common problem with Honda, but they still have to charge for this manufactured problem.have 75535 miles.

- Milledgeville, GA, USA

Nov 012013

I purchased a 2011 white Honda Odyssey from a small time dealer on Nov 2012. I observed that the roof of the car had its paint peeling off after about a year 2013 Nov. I went to a reputed dealer, who acknowledged the paint issues with Honda but told that 2011 models are not one of those. He contacted Honda and came back with an offer of $400 to cover the paint issues. But that would no way cut it and I feel cheated and ripped to have bought a Honda. Will never buy a Honda again.

- Suwanee, GA, USA

Apr 112014

Odyssey 6-cyl

I file this complaint to report a dangerous defect in my 2011 Honda Odyssey van to prevent others from suffering similar or worse harm what happened to me. I stopped my vehicle at the top of my driveway, where it is flat, to get my mail I placed the van in park before I stepped out of the vehicle to get my mail. The van was not moving when I exited the vehicle. My two children remained in the vehicle. As I went to get the mail, the next thing I knew my van was moving on its own down the driveway. Because my kids were still buckled in their seats in the vehicle, I did everything I could to stop the van. However, I did not succeed. The van cut off the driveway, went through the landscaped portion of my yard, rolled over a retaining wall and crashed into my house. As a result of me trying to save my children, I suffered significant injuries which included difficult surgery and the loss of mobility with potential permanent debilitating injury. I am still in physical therapy and will be for a while. We also had a lot of property damage. The car was still in park when it hit the house. The tow truck drivers had to engage the shift lock release to take the shifter out of park in order to drive the vehicle slightly to position it to be picked up by the tow truck. The vehicle moved while in park and never came out of park when it went down the driveway. I have informed Honda of this dangerous life threatening defect. Honda inspected the vehicle on May 23rd at brannon Honda in birmingham Alabama and said nothing is wrong with my van. I know they are wrong. This defect could hurt other people or kill someone. I hope the government will thoroughly inspect my vehicle before somebody else gets hurt. My vehicle is available for immediate inspection.

- Birmingham, AL, USA

May 012011

Odyssey 6-cyl

Manual sliding doors (both sides), are extremely hard for adults and children to open, either from inside the car or outside the car. In case of an accident, it would be very difficult/impossible for my children to open the doors to exit the vehicle without any help. Many adults would experience a similar problem. I have to constantly open the doors for people. From the inside, you need to pull the handle while pushing out on the door, and also pulling towards the back. The sliding doors do not "pop-out disengage" like all other manual sliding doors I've operated.

- Lancaster, OH, USA