7.1

2011 Honda Odyssey electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Honda Odyssey:

2011 Honda Odyssey Owner Comments (Page 3 of 3)

Apr 032011

Odyssey

"low batt" warning light on instrument panel coming on after vehicle has only experienced routine use and is less than 3 months old. Warning includes beeping noise and causes interior lighting to go out which could lead to serious accident or injury, especially with small children as passengers. Honda corporate will not address the issue other than to say vehicle should be driven more to charge battery. This is unacceptable and NHTSA should investigate and have Honda develop a recall and fix to this major electrical system defect before someone gets hurt. Numerous reported incidents of this defect affecting customers around the United States posted on the internet yet Honda refuses to do anything or acknowledge a problem!

- Columbia, MD, USA

Dec 052010

Odyssey

We bought a 2011 Odyssey ex in mid November of last year and had an after market remote starter put in the week after we got it. A few days later, the vsa light came on. After 3 trips to Honda they finally fixed it, the whole module was burnt out. A week or so later, the low battery light started coming on. After maybe 4-5 trips back to Honda, they say Honda is aware of this problem but there is nothing that can be done. I don't drive long distance being a mom of 3 kids. They say short distances for this car are causing the problem. So it's my fault I don't drive that much and not far!!! the light comes on and the chimes several times each day when I open the door and sometimes when I turn the car off. The low battery light and chimes also goes on when I'm just sitting in the car w/ the engine off and keys out of the ignition. It's really getting annoying and they have no solution for the problem. You buy a new car for all that money and you don't expect to see problems in such a short amount of time. In the 4 months since owning the car, I have 2000 miles and the problems started at about 150 miles. I love the car except for the low battery light on all the time. What's going to happen in the future w/ it?

- East Islip, NY, USA

Mar 212011

Odyssey

Ongoing intermittent problem with battery low warning light and chime. Car gets regular use of different length trips -- but warning often appears when door is opened. Dealer advises that this results from short trips. But that should not apply to our usage. No apparent lack of charge in cold starting car -- so this is possibly a false alarm? but -- do not want to be stranded by sudden battery failure or related problems. Honda needs to fix this -- common complaint appearing in the internet.

- Fairport, NY, USA

Jan 112011

Odyssey

Low battery light keeps coming on effects presets, and interior light, was looked at 4 time with no change. Was told not to make short trips what mother doesn't take short trip give me a break. Noise coming from front end, strut assemblies replace on both sides still makes noise going back in to be looked at again. I don't even have 3000 miles on it yet has been in shop more than any car I have owned. I think it is a lemon !!!

- In, IN, USA

Mar 092011

Odyssey

We owned a 2011 Honda Odyssey ex-L for two months when the low battery light came on. Took it to the dealer where they said the battery was very low and it needed a full 2 hour charge so we left it overnight. Less than two weeks later the light is on again; we have driven fewer than 150 miles since the service. We have neither the dvd nor nav, have not plugged in any external devices since the service, and leave nothing on when we park the vehicle.

- Lexington, MA, USA

Feb 242011

Odyssey

Low battery warning indicator on instrument panel and warning sound after driving and when opening door after car has not been driven for a few hours.

- Newhall, CA, USA

Jan 212011

Odyssey

I purchased a new 2011 Honda Odyssey ex on 1/21/2011. After arriving home my wife opened the passenger door and the żlow battery check manualż warning light came on. The interior lights immediately turned off. The next day and for the next 3 days the warning light kept coming on. On page 87 of the owner's manual it states that driving for short trips doesn't give the battery time to recharge and the low battery warning may flash. My dealer stated that some Odyssey's have fault in the battery sensor system and will be need to be hooked up to a diagnostic machine for 2-3 hours. I was told that if the low battery comes on while IżM driving to bring it in immediately. I took the car on a 500 mile road trip and two 300 mile road trips. The low battery light has not come on since.

- Bonaire, GA, USA

Jan 242011

Odyssey

The dash indicated "low battery" on a new minivan 6 weeks old. The battery could have gone dead at any time. A letter from Honda to dealers indicated they had many tech line contacts regarding this problem. This letter told the service department that the customer should drive for an extended period of time and it may charge the battery. Charging the battery by the dealer was not a warranty issue. Honda of America called after I wrote and indicated that they had no intention to deal with this safety problem. There would be no recall to upgrade the charging system or the battery.

- Garden City, NY, USA