7.1

2011 Honda Odyssey electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Honda Odyssey:

2011 Honda Odyssey Owner Comments (Page 1 of 3)

May 232016

Odyssey

Car when on bluetooth with iphone will abruptly cut off and not allow operator to use hands free. Every day this happens.

Dec 012015

Odyssey

Battery warning came on so replaced battery. Light came on again a few weeks later so had battery tested as well as anything that would drain battery life. Everything was good. But now every time I open the door or turn off the car the car loudly beeps a low battery warning. Fed up with it. If car was not paid off I would trade it in but would think twice bout getting another Honda since they won't fix the problem.

- Alma, AR, USA

Apr 012016

Odyssey

8 months ago while vehicle was park, rain came inside the van behind rear view mirror down through the radio.04/01/16 while driving(highway) in the rain water again came inside the van behind the rear view mirror.talked to service tech. She stated this a common problem with Honda, but they still have to charge for this manufactured problem.have 75535 miles.

- Milledgeville, GA, USA

Nov 012015

Odyssey

Change battery warning! just replaced for a brand battery. Two months later the same thing!?

- Staten Island, NY, USA

Jul 012011

Odyssey

The battery and electrical system frequently goes dead, leaving my family stranded and feeling insecure about the safety of this vehicle. For example, if I sit in the car, turned off, with the key in the ignition (no lights on, no radio, etc.) the battery will die. I have to have it jumped, or wait hours (without the key in the ignition) for the battery to recharge. I don't feel safe being stranded someplace for hours at night.

- Washington, NJ, USA

Mar 302015

Odyssey 6-cyl

Have a recurring issue with TPMS light on my Honda mini-van. Have been to the dealer several times to have it looked at, the code coming back is "radio frequency third wheel", and this light on the dashboard will not shut off. The dealer told me this is something they cannot fix. Honda Corp needs to acknowledge the problem and inform dealers how to fix the TPMS indicator light. I have read that smart phones, laptops, etc can cause this problem, which should not even be an issue. I will always have my smart phone with me for safety purposes. Technology should never be an interference issue with TPMS. This indicator jolts/scares me when it comes on, most times on the highway nearly causing an accident. The dealer today told me to put black tape over the lights so they don't bother me, that was their answer!! not acceptable.....updated 11/13/15 I went to a non-Honda repair shop who fixed the faulty sensor and all is good with the van. The Honda dealer was incorrectly telling me that it was a radio frequency error due to the electronics in my car. I went to another place, who diagnosed and fixed the TPMS perfectly. Updated 11/18/15.

- Hinckley, OH, USA

May 262015

- Jacksonville, FL, USA

Oct 122014

Odyssey 6-cyl

Driving approximately 25mph on a side street. Car shut off while driving. Immediately lost power steering and power brakes. Had to come to a complete stop to restart car. Car restarted and drove 1 mile home. Car towed to dealership. Dealership could find no error message on computer reading.

- Barrington, RI, USA

Oct 092014

Odyssey

My ignition key is falling apart. The ignition key contains the security chip to allow the car to start/run and it also contains the transmitter to lock and unlock the car. The housing of the key is coming apart. I am concerned that my car may stop running if the security chip falls out of the housing, as I am driving. This would cause the engine to stop running and the lost of power for the brakes and steering. I reported this issue to Honda and they are not interested in assisting me with repairing his as a warranty issue. The cost to replace the key is in excess of $100. Many individuals are doing well to just make the car payment and do not have the funds to purchase a replacement key due to the above mentioned issue. Seeing that GM has had a number of crashes related to the ignition switch, I believe that a similar issue is likely to occur with Honda's using the same key as my 2011 Odyssey ex-L.

- Fishers, IN, USA

Mar 272012

Odyssey 6-cyl

Car failed to start for over 3 hours.

Nov 232011

Odyssey 6-cyl

Car fails to respond to key fob transmitter.

Nov 082011

Odyssey 6-cyl

Key hot to touch when removed from ignition after short drive. This is latest in series of apparent electrical problems, including dead battery when 6 weeks old, numerous failures of keypad lock transmitter and failure to start, false readings on indicators, bluetooth disconnects, voice command system failures.

Oct 222011

Odyssey 6-cyl

Car will not respond to keyfob. Need to manually unlock. Three unsuccessful attempts to start car. Battery was replaced at approx 600 miles because it was dead. Dealer has checked out and cannot figure out problem.

Oct 042011

Odyssey 6-cyl

Car failed to respond to keypad lock transmitter, and then failed to start 3 consecutive attempts. This same car's previous battery died completely approximately 4 weeks after initial purchase and was replaced just 4 months ago. Car has also had numerous incidents where voice recognition and cellphone blu-ray connection acted erratically or failed completely.

Dec 012010

Odyssey

Battery warning light continually lights. Dealer indicates that we need to drive the vehicle more. All interior lights shut off. Dealer has been useless. Honda refuses to acknowledge. (google "Honda Odyssey 2011 low battery indicator problem" to see the thousands of customers with this problem.) stay away from Honda.

- Huntington Woods, MI, USA

Jul 122011

Odyssey 6-cyl

Bought a 2011 Honda Odyssey touring elite in 3/2011. Now 4 months later I am getting the "battery charge low" warning. Have taken the car to the dealership and spoke to them. They state it's not a problem and I need to drive the car more. It is concerning that the car shuts the dome lights off, even the dash lights off automatically. This is a supposed safety item of the car that I am to ignore? I am deeply concerned regarding this issue. First, Honda is not acknowledging the seriousness of this -- "ignore it. It's not a problem." Second, this issue, I feel, is potentially placing my family in danger if the battery cannot stay charged. Finally, this is not an infrequent issue as evidenced by the number of posts/complaints on the NHTSA website and other forums on the web (www.odyclub.com) yet Honda continues not to put out a tsb regarding this problem. The complaints continue and no action is being taken by Honda to fix the problem. This seems reminiscent of Toyota stating there wasn't an accelerator pedal issue. Something needs to be done before someone is hurt, and it seems the lowly consumer is not making it happen.

- Ca, CA, USA

Jul 102011

Odyssey 6-cyl

2011 Honda Odyssey el. On the informational display the battery charge low warning light has come on for the second time in approximately 45 days. The first time I took it to the dealer who reset the sensor. He told me that when it happens again to do the same thing. It bothers me that I have to disable a safety feature for this vehicle in order to use it in the manner that it was intended. I am concerned that my wife will be left stranded with a dead battery.

- Manchester, NH, USA

Feb 252011

Odyssey 6-cyl

This little yellow alarm message flashes on the dashboard: "battery charge low - switch off all lights and electrical devices" and then it shuts everything off...overhead lights, dash lights - things like that. That light can be on and we can drive clear to Tacoma before it goes off. We can have just returned home after a trip to monroe (almost 100 miles) and we will get that message and - again - it will shut everything off. The car has not shut down while we are traveling down the road - but it is frightening to see that message when we are driving down the freeway. I can go by the car when it is in the garage and shut off and all of a sudden, I will hear the beeping and then I will see the alarm message flashing in the car. The car is off! no one touched the car - but it starts flashing! they keep telling us we need to drive the car more....but come on - it is 95 miles to monroe!

- Wa, WA, USA

Apr 302011

Odyssey 6-cyl

Battery died after owning brand new car for about 5 weeks.

Mar 232011

Odyssey 6-cyl

Battery low indicator light comes on no matter how much we drive the vehicle.

- Colorado Springs, CO, USA