2.7

2011 Honda Odyssey fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Honda Odyssey:

2011 Honda Odyssey Owner Comments

Jul 152015

Odyssey

Check engine light came on. Then, while fueling the vehicle, the gas pump kept shutting off. Found that the gas evaporator was full of water. The dealer said they have no clue how water could get in there. I believe this could cause major issues with emissions or even a possible fire due to gas fumes not being able to be absorbed by the charcoal filter in the evaporator. I would think that Honda would take this serious and find a solution to this issue/problem.

- Greenwood, IN, USA

Jun 022012

Odyssey 6-cyl

I have been experiencing hesitation in acceleration from a stop through third gear at low speeds. I took the vehicle to Honda dealership and they had not heard of the problem and were unable to duplicate the severity of my issue but did notice hesitation. Manager said he would speak to corporate representative. Yesterday, while taking a left to cross highway, the vehicle had trouble accelerating to cross highway with approaching vehicles traveling 65 miles per hour. My friend and her child were in the van along with one of my children. I have not looked at this as a safety issue until yesterday but am now very concerned because I live off this busy highway and regularly make this turn often with three or more children.

- Leesburg, GA, USA