2011 Honda Odyssey miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Honda Odyssey:

2011 Honda Odyssey Owner Comments

Sep 152015

Odyssey

I was parked in our level driveway, while the car was running, and got out of the car after making sure it was in park. Shut the door, and the car rolled down the driveway over a small hill and hit the railroad tracks in front of out house. No one was injured.the parking mechanism on this vehicle did not operate effectively, the shifter said it was in park, and the car jumped into gear.

- Harmony, NJ, USA

Jul 012011

Odyssey

When accelerating from a stop on wet roads, the tires spin and there is no traction; the car fishtails and starts very slowly. I always thought the initial tires were cheap, but I recently bought new tires (not from Honda) and specifically requested tires that would fix this problem. But the problem still exists. I no longer think it is a "tire" issue, but a car and weight-distribution issue. Driving in the rain or on wet roads is very dangerous in a Honda Odyssey.

- Washington, NJ, USA

Aug 272014

Odyssey 6-cyl

My car died on Monday, August 25, so I called Honda of marysville to get my battery replaced. Went in on Tuesday, they quoted me $168+ replace battery, so I called klein Honda and was quoted $99 + tax. Left marysville Honda and went to klein to have my battery replaced. After they replaced my battery, the gentleman told me I needed a new alternator. He provided me a written quote of $800. I called sims Honda (burlington, wa) for a second opinion and was verbally quoted $550, but they wanted to see the car. Wednesday morning at 0930, I loaded my children and myself into our van to get the second opinion. Not more than a mile from home my check engine light came on, I pulled over. Within minutes my car was fully enflamed.

- Marysville, WA, USA

May 262013

Odyssey

While slowing down for a traffic light, engine was running rough and misfiring. Cel was flashing and check vsa and emissions came on. Found out engine oil level was literally zero. Called Honda. Later found out there is a service bulletin for this issue. Took it to dealership and they followed tsb11-033. Honda rep called back and said they need to monitor engine oil level and told me to bring it back in 1000 miles to check oil level. Did that at 50000 miles and dealer found normal. Again at 53000 miles the problem repeated today Sep 8, 2013. Will be calling Honda today or Monday. Seems like the issue may be with vcm. Very disappointed with this Honda vehicle.

- Edwards, IL, USA

Feb 152011

Odyssey

Dangerously poor handling in snow, despite traction control; impossible to make it up hill even for drivers with decades of experience driving in the northeast.

- Troy, NY, USA

Jan 132011

Odyssey

The low battery light on the instrumental panel warns and flashes every time the driver side door and the rear sliding doors are open of the 2011 Odyssey. I brought my vehicle in for service at my Honda dealership (sport Honda, 3101 automobile blvd., silver spring, md) and both times were told by my service advisor that the van is designed to prevent premature battery failure and that this was normal. This issue didn't start til 2 months after I bought the vehicle. It is now happening more frequent. I spoke to a representative (May 3, 2011) from the Honda corporation and told them of this issue. They documented everything and told me that the engineers are aware of the problem and are currently working on a fix for this.

- Silver Spring, MD, USA