2012 Honda Odyssey accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Honda Odyssey:

2012 Honda Odyssey Owner Comments

Oct 012013

Odyssey

I'm submitting this now in response to an event that happened several years ago, triggered by a Dec. 27 2017 recall notice. My vehicle is not listed as affected but I believe it should be because the same problem happened to me about 3 years ago. On that day, a second row outboard seat tipped forward and banged against the back of the driver's seat during a sudden deceleration (we were going down a small hill toward a stoplight, where a vehicle appeared in cross-traffic and unexpectedly blew through its red light, requiring a sudden stop by our vehicle). My then-3-year-old was seated in his forward facing car seat, a britax marathon connected using the latch anchor system, and the entire vehicle seat/car seat combination flipped forward. He was shaken and slightly bruised but otherwise fine, I believe as a result of the protection from the side wings of the car seat. At the time the second row seats had not recently been moved. About two weeks prior they had been removed for hauling a large piece of furniture. Afterward I reinstalled the vehicle seats and believed them to be fully and firmly affixed to the vehicle. I was emotionally disturbed by not only the tipping event itself, but by the knowledge that the seat had been dangerously unattached during those two weeks. I intended to submit a report but then doubted myself. However, the confirmation from the recent recall notice that this is an issue for some Honda Odyssey vehicles (and the knowledge that there is a repair available) immediately made me want to submit this report.

- Washington, DC, USA

Oct 062016

Odyssey

My 2012 Honda Odyssey had a problem with the 2nd (back) row lever or latch - I couldn't get it to properly latch. It caused the seat to be loose and it would go backwards sometimes when I stopped. On October 6, 2016, I paid $345 to Honda of jefferson city to get this problem fixed. I want Honda to refund my $345.

- Wardsville, MO, USA

Nov 082014

Odyssey 6-cyl

I was driving on the road not far from my home. My son was sitting behind me on the car seat. And when I was stepping on the brake and the vehicle was stopped, I heard a huge bang behind me and then suddenly my son's crying! I looked behind me and surprisingly found that the seat behind me on which my son and his car seat was sitting flipped over and hit my seat in the back. My son's face was injured and bleeding. And it was very close to his eyes. I was thinking how can that happen! I was just at a speed of 25 mph and the seat can flip over like that. If I was driving on a freeway or high way, what will be the result? it's too dangerous! I cannot imagine it. Despite the injury on my son's face, I do think my son has mental injury. After that happened, he woke up and cried several times during night. However, he was such a good sleeper before. And he was afraid to take any vehicle again. He became very independent since then. Therefore, I really think there is mental injury on my son.

- Troy, MI, USA

May 312012

Odyssey 6-cyl

Seat head restraint causes neck strain and requires visits to doctor or chiropractor.

- Austin, TX, USA