CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2014 and 2015 Honda Odyssey shows an early trend of transmission problems with clunking/jerking when shifting gears.

Most of these Odyssey transmissions are still under warranty, but so far Toyota generally hasn't been able to diagnose or fix the clunking problem — that's the reason for our low rating. Some owners have reported it was a stuck solenoid, & in a few cases Honda has replaced the entire transmission.

As more of these Odysseys start exceeding the 60,000-mile powertrain warranty limit, buyer beware.

8.0

2014 Honda Odyssey accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Honda Odyssey:

2014 Honda Odyssey Owner Comments

Mar 092016

Odyssey

Headlights work very poorly. - difficult to see the road when driving at night. When driving at night, it is difficult to see the road when using the low beams. High beams help, but switching back and forth when in traffic is not a safe, or legal, option. The low beam pattern appears to be set too low, particularly on the driver side, and can not be adjusted. Headlights are projector lamp style, so even replacement of bulbs do little to correct, as the primary issue seems to be a poor design. This issue has been ongoing since purchase of new vehicle.

- Lewis Center, OH, USA

Jan 302014

Odyssey

In the 6 months that we have owned a new 2014 Odyssey, there is a large area of streaking on the driver's side windshield every time the wipers go into resting position. This is a streak about 5 inches wide, across the field of vision for the driver. The windshield is clear when the wipers go to the right, but the streak appears every time the wipers go down. The dealer has replaced the wipers three times in the last 6 months, and polished the glass with steel wool on the last visit. Upon picking up the car, the windshield still had the same issue. The manager stated that Honda is "working on this issue", and that there is nothing he can do for us at this time. Originally, however, he had stated that perhaps the windshield will need to be replaced because of a defect. We believe that this is a serious safety issue because of the decreased visibility in inclement weather.

- Palatine, IL, USA

Apr 232014

Odyssey 6-cyl

Shiny dashboard reflects too much in both driver & passenger side mirrors when the sun hits the dashboard. This is a safety issue because it is extremely hard to see other cars driving behind you when trying to use the mirror. The dashboard & air vents reflect too much in the mirror.

- El Paso, TX, USA

Jul 132013

Odyssey

Windshield wavy/blurry: They said I was one of the first of 2014 Odyssey owners. But at the first moment of driving I felt something wrong with the windshield. I told the Honda sales person that I feel blurry vision while driving. It seems the glass is wavy. He said because I am driving the first time that's why it seems like that. After one week of driving I was so sure about that. When I drive specially in the highway with higher mph I feel dizzy. The Honda service person drove and told me that he cant duplicate the problem and the glass is fine. I don't know what to do now I feel dizzy even after few hours of driving. Either there are some problem on windshield or my eyes have problem. The chance of the first one is more. I had Honda Accord 2012 which one I have traded with this Odyssey. Previous one was very pleasant to drive. Now I am not comfortable at all.

- Glen Oaks, NY, USA