CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2014 and 2015 Honda Odyssey shows an early trend of transmission problems with clunking/jerking when shifting gears.

Most of these Odyssey transmissions are still under warranty, but so far Toyota generally hasn't been able to diagnose or fix the clunking problem — that's the reason for our low rating. Some owners have reported it was a stuck solenoid, & in a few cases Honda has replaced the entire transmission.

As more of these Odysseys start exceeding the 60,000-mile powertrain warranty limit, buyer beware.

2015 Honda Odyssey electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Honda Odyssey:

2015 Honda Odyssey Owner Comments

Aug 162016

Odyssey

The contact owns a 2015 Honda Odyssey. While driving approximately 32 mph and approaching a red light, the motor stopped and all the electrical functions seized. The contact maneuvered the vehicle to the side of the road. The vehicle was turned off, restarted, and returned to normal. The failure recurred once. The contact scheduled a repair appointment with the dealer. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 12,176.

- Fairview Park, OH, USA

Jul 212016

Odyssey

When I tried starting the car several times it wants to turn off and on by itself. The instrument panel lights flick on and off while this is happening. The whole electrical system glitches and the car engine wants to "turn over" then shut off. I have to push the start/stop button on the dash to stop it.

- Martinsburg, WV, USA

Jun 282015

Odyssey

We were driving down a main road speed approx 45mph, it was 90-94 degrees out so ac was on and it was a severe rain storm. We had just left the highway and were on a main road highly traveled. We noticed it was warm in the car and the ac was blowing hot. All the sudden it was fogging the windows on the inside. We had to pull over to the shoulder in the middle of a storm because we could not see and with the defroster on it was fogging the window worse. We had our 2 children in the back of the van who were scared out of their wits we would be rear ended during the storm. We managed to find a towel wipe the window and pull into a tire/oil change place up the road. They checked the car and said due to the rain the ac condensor stopped working and we had an electrical issue they could not fix. We would need the dealer in the morning. When we woke in the am the van had dried and the ac worked again we returned home and took to our local dealer with an appt 07/03/15 who advised us since it works now their is nothing we can do. We live in a state that rains daily and are afraid to drive the car in the rain now. Dealer states it is not covered under lemon law as it was not life threatening, lack of visibilty to us is life threatening. Please look into this.

- Melbourne , FL, USA

May 272015

Odyssey

Security alarm going off at random times. Initially, unlocked and locked with remote. It went off again multiple time by itself nothing touching it or any door being opened. Seems it is known wide spread issue with hood switch and other switches causing alarms. Have to leave the car unlocked over night because it went off mid night few times. Dealer said it seems it is hood switch(based on diag), but did not happen when it was at dealership. No parts available, so have to wait until parts come in.

- Bothell, WA, USA

Dec 312014

Odyssey

Rain water leaking through windows and out of the electrical conduit entering into auto cavity where the sliding door mechanism is. I am concerned about a fire hazard, should I be? please respond as soon as you can as I have tried else where and my problem has not been solved. I am looking forward to hearing from you. Thank you kindly

- Cocoa Beach, FL, USA

Jan 222015

Odyssey 6-cyl

It was little cold night. I drove on freeway for 40minutes with kids without central heating. When we got home, I wake them up.I found my young daughter at back seat, she couldn't wake up unusually. She was sleeping, leaning toward rt. Side cup holder side at back seat. I saw her face was so red like first degree burn and her hair was all wet and her body was so sweating. It was unbelievable that the whole surface next to rt. Back seat was extremely hot!!! even though the van engine was stopped. I immediately tried to her cool down. My kids told me. "ever since we bought this van, when the van's engine was turning on, back seat rt. Side body was always hot." Next morning, I took the van to Honda service. But it could not fixed for 3days and no one called me for updating info. The van is still in the service. One of technician told me from the service, it has been problems for 4years. I called Honda customer service, but no answer. I am trying to ask them buy back program. It is extremely dangerous for family with young children. This is not first time problem for this new van. I already had several problems. 1. it was not starting engine several times on the 1st week of purchase. 2. brake was completely not moving more than one hour and not starting engine together on the 2nd week of purchase in the parking lot. 3. clicking and clucking noise at rear of lt. Side with rt. Turning with brake all the times. 4. the van's horn by itself making noise for 20minutes on freeway driving. The Honda service couldn't find the causes. They just removed van's security alarm. Honda service didn't allow me for a rental van. I am expecting Honda's immediate and appropriate customer care for buy back program. Until now, this brand new van went to 9times services for 3months without fixing, 11days in the service, our family are very having hard time for normal living life with kids.

- Downey, CA, USA

Sep 152014

Odyssey 6-cyl

Had problems starting the vehicle earlier in the day - info display showed a warning about multiple systems and wouldn't start the engine. Honda investigated, no fault found, but "two cells in battery low." They provided a probable cause of "some light left on in the car which drained the battery" (which we knew not to be the case). Same fault occurred after leaving dealership, turned off and on a couple of times, and then it restarted. Driving home at approximately 45mph the car turned itself off - no power steering assist and no gas pedal. Managed to wrestle the car to the side of the road. Managed to start vehicle again after 5 - 10 minutes, but towed to the dealership this time.

- Ooltewah, TN, USA