- October 21: Honda Civic Driver Killed by Exploding Takata Airbag news | 5 days ago
- October 13: Honda Recalls 350,000 Civics to Fix Parking Brakes recalls | 13 days ago
- October 3: Honda 'Disappointed and Troubled' by Takata's Behavior news | 23 days ago
- October 2: Takata Airbag Explodes in Fatal Honda Crash in Malaysia news | 24 days ago
- September 26: Honda CR-V Gas Smell Lawsuit Filed in Illinois news | 30 days ago
NHTSA — Electrical System Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2014 and 2015 Honda Odyssey shows an early trend of transmission problems with clunking/jerking when shifting gears.
Most of these Odyssey transmissions are still under warranty, but so far Toyota generally hasn't been able to diagnose or fix the clunking problem — that's the reason for our low rating. Some owners have reported it was a stuck solenoid, & in a few cases Honda has replaced the entire transmission.
As more of these Odysseys start exceeding the 60,000-mile powertrain warranty limit, buyer beware.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 0 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 1 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 3,426 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.