CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2014 and 2015 Honda Odyssey shows an early trend of transmission problems with clunking/jerking when shifting gears.

Most of these Odyssey transmissions are still under warranty, but so far Toyota generally hasn't been able to diagnose or fix the clunking problem — that's the reason for our low rating. Some owners have reported it was a stuck solenoid, & in a few cases Honda has replaced the entire transmission.

As more of these Odysseys start exceeding the 60,000-mile powertrain warranty limit, buyer beware.

8.8

2015 Honda Odyssey fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Honda Odyssey:

2015 Honda Odyssey Owner Comments

Mar 302016

Odyssey

As I was driving slowly apreaching a stop sign, I placed my foot on the brake pedal, was totally off the gas pedal, and the brake pedal went straight to the floor. This was scary, luckily there was no one I from the of me and I hadn't yet hit the stop sign mark, I had to pump the brake many times, swiftly, it finally came back up before reaching the stop sign. Two days before this I drove off from home and the van lost power and was bucking as if the fuel pump was blocked. These vans need to be checked thoroughly, Honda needs to pay more attention to their customers complaints. I have children and I pray this van doesn't lead me in to an accident or fatality.

- Davie, FL, USA

Jan 162015

Odyssey 6-cyl

When the eco button turns on, the transmission starts to make a rattling noise and it changes how the car drives. The steering wheel and foot petal start to shake or tremble. Also, the suspension on the car is extremely noisy and Honda has failed to fix it. Lastly and the most important issue this car has, is that the gasoline moves around in the car as you drive or park your car. You can hear the gasoline swooshing around on the bottom of the car at all times. I've taken the car several times to by local Honda dealership and they cannot fix anything. They state that everything is a "characteristic design" with the car. According to the Honda representative that rode in our car, they have had complaints regarding the transmission, suspension and gasoline issue.

- Punta Gorda, FL, USA

Sep 152014

Odyssey 6-cyl

Had problems starting the vehicle earlier in the day - info display showed a warning about multiple systems and wouldn't start the engine. Honda investigated, no fault found, but "two cells in battery low." They provided a probable cause of "some light left on in the car which drained the battery" (which we knew not to be the case). Same fault occurred after leaving dealership, turned off and on a couple of times, and then it restarted. Driving home at approximately 45mph the car turned itself off - no power steering assist and no gas pedal. Managed to wrestle the car to the side of the road. Managed to start vehicle again after 5 - 10 minutes, but towed to the dealership this time.

- Ooltewah, TN, USA