Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2014 and 2015 Honda Odyssey shows an early trend of transmission problems with clunking/jerking when shifting gears.

Most of these Odyssey transmissions are still under warranty, but so far Toyota generally hasn't been able to diagnose or fix the clunking problem — that's the reason for our low rating. Some owners have reported it was a stuck solenoid, & in a few cases Honda has replaced the entire transmission.

As more of these Odysseys start exceeding the 60,000-mile powertrain warranty limit, buyer beware.

2015 Honda Odyssey suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Honda Odyssey:

2015 Honda Odyssey Owner Comments

Aug 092015

On August 9, 2015, we were driving home from vacation from cedar point, Ohio to pittsburgh, pa. This is about a 200 mile trip. The vehicle ran smoothly the entire trip until I left the turnpike of driving 60-70 miles per hour and then began driving on a road with a 40 mph speed limit. All of a sudden I was at a red light waiting in traffic. As soon as the light turned green, I pressed the accelerator. We began accelerating to 25 miles per hour but knew something was wrong. My car would not leave first gear. The gauge on the dashboard went from 1-7 gear but nothing happened. I was in the passing lane traveling 15-20 miles per hour in a 40mph zone. I then proceeded to change lanes when all of a sudden the entire car jumped as if it had a mind of its own and began to accelerate. The car began driving faster but not any faster than 40 mph. Again, all we could hear was rooooooom and the dashboard indicator looked like windshield wipers going from left to right. The car would not leave 2nd gear. This continued to happen over and over again at each red light. Since this was a Sunday, the service center was closed. It wasn't until Wednesday that the dealership was able to take a look at my vehicle. Since no sensors indicated a problem, they stated there was not a problem and there was nothing they could do. I am not fabricating this incident one bit and am afraid of this happening again but having a different outcome. If I experienced this problem and the dealership dismissed me because a sensor did not indicate a problem, what does it take for a sensor to trigger? this is a leased vehicle of 1 month and I am very concerned of it happening again or worse. I am a single mother of 3 and should not have to worry about the safety of my children and myself in a 1 month old vehicle with less than 2,000 miles.

- Pittsburgh, PA, USA

Jun 102015

Both front wheel bearings have gone out and the car doesn't have more than 2000 miles on it.

- Cincinnati, OH, USA

Jan 162015

Odyssey 6-cyl

When the eco button turns on, the transmission starts to make a rattling noise and it changes how the car drives. The steering wheel and foot petal start to shake or tremble. Also, the suspension on the car is extremely noisy and Honda has failed to fix it. Lastly and the most important issue this car has, is that the gasoline moves around in the car as you drive or park your car. You can hear the gasoline swooshing around on the bottom of the car at all times. I've taken the car several times to by local Honda dealership and they cannot fix anything. They state that everything is a "characteristic design" with the car. According to the Honda representative that rode in our car, they have had complaints regarding the transmission, suspension and gasoline issue.

- Punta Gorda, FL, USA