2. welding support brackets or new frame (1 reports)
1996 Honda Passport body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1996 Honda Passport:

1996 Honda Passport Owner Comments

Nov 152010

Passport ES 3.2L V6

Pulled right front tire off to check brakes and discovered the frame was rusted through where the frame curved up to the engine, in multiple spots. I grounded the vehicle and forbade anyone from driving it and bought another car to replace it. Since, I have taken it to a body shop who advised would cost approximately $1500-$2000 to repair--mainly in labor to weld the many rust weakened areas. It was bad enough that the body shop started worrying about having it up on the lift. Told me it was alright to drive it home though.

Up to this point, the Passport had been a wonderful vehicle. Body is rust-free, the engine, transmission, and drive train in good condition, and the ac/heater is still fine. Like others I've seen on the web, I am disgusted with Honda's poor quality product (Isuzu). It is appalling that a car manufacturer produces a product that puts it's customers lives in jeopardy 15 years later due to poor workmanship. Now I have an investment that is worthless sitting in my field waiting for the day I may find the time to disassemble it and attempt to weld myself.

- , Kansas City, MO, USA

Jun 212011

Passport LX 3.2L V6

There is a recall for 1998-2002. It is a recognized problem but they will not go back further. Someone is going to get killed if something is not done about to notify people of this problem.

- , Stoddard, WI, USA