3.2

1998 Honda Passport miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Honda Passport:

1998 Honda Passport Owner Comments

Sep 132005

Passport

I will be driving and my car will just shut off, I also have the extended stopping problem and braking causing me to manually steer. I have also had trouble with the car not starting or starting slowly. I was told there were several recalls before I purchased the car and they were repaired - the ABS was done last year but the problem continues. I would like the ABS replaced. I checked your website for outstanding recalls and found. I called the dealer and was told the ABS was done 2/04 but the truck continues to have the same problem - extending stopping. I have had my Passport 3 years and have only received one recall - but the problem currently exists... extended stopping distance. The only recall sticker in the door is for the pedal. Additionally, I have also had a problem with the truck turning off in the middle of a turn (forcing me to manually steer my car) 98V70 (describes it completely) my truck also refuses to start properly. It starts and then shuts off - sometimes it takes up to 3 times to turn on and stay on. (SB03-03-S003 describes this as well) since I cannot determine who performed the other recalls, how can I be certain they were done or done properly? my vehicle continues to have the identical problems associated with the following recalls: NHTSA campaign # 02I002001 - service brakes, hydraulic; anti-lock (5/29/02) 98V170000 - electrical system - wiring, front underhood (7/23/98) 98V170002 - electrical system - wiring front underhood (7/23/98) 00V058000 - suspension, rear (2/29/00) 97V206002 - other (11/11/97) I have not had any accidents as a result, but I am afraid to drive with my children in the car if my car just shuts off in the middle of a turn, or on the freeway and at low speed. I have also had it accelerate while on the freeway revving the engine constantly - these have all happened for the last 3 years with no recall notices.

- Arcadia, CA, USA