1998 Honda Passport suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Honda Passport:

1998 Honda Passport Owner Comments

Dec 132009

OMG!! I can't believe that the frame on my Honda Passport fell apart. The frame was so rusted that the mechanic was scared to put it on a lift. My husband had just turned onto an overpass when he hear the loud "BOOM" then lost control of the car! I am so lucky that nothing serious happened! This is outrageous that nothing has been done about this problem. The body of the car is great! The interior is perfect!! I can't get anything for this car now....maybe I can sell a few parts! We are so very fortunate that our children were not in the car at that time.

I am severely dissappointed in Honda! I will try to contact the US Dept. of Transportation to see if there is anything that can be done. Christmas is in 1 week, instead of finishing up gifts for my children, I'm buying another car!!!

- , Dayton, OH, USA

Apr 272009

Passport V6

I have had an electrical problem within a month of getting this vehicle used. I took it back to the dealer and they gave me the royal run-a-round. So I have driven my call for the past 4 years or so with the dash board lights flicking off & on at different times. For

the past few months some warning lights never go out and when I take it to the local mechanic to have them check for a problem they tell me nothing is wrong except the problem with the wiring. Well I located a mechanic who was willing to check for the wiring problem. When I went to pick it up he told me that I had a BIG problem with the frame & that he was really surprised at how bad it was & he said this needs immediate attention. He took a pen and push on a section of the frame that was very rusted & with out much effort his pen went right through. Sure make you wonder what these dealers are doing & how are they sleeping knowing they have unsafe vehicles on the road that can cause injury to so many people. This is my only vehicle & with the economy so bad

along with the unstable job situation it's hard to want to even commit to a car payment.

I am just getting by with a house payment.

Thanks for letting me gripe.

- , Dalton, OH, USA